INDIGO plot --> see new version INDIGOplotD

Posted on
Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 am
kw123 offline

Re: INDIGO plot

I could replace that line with a test where the indigo stuff is.

Is there a link for api 1.0 to api1.1 additions etc?

Posted on
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:10 pm
haavarda offline

jay (support) wrote:
Seems likely he's using an Indigo version that predates the addition of the getInstallFolderPath() method call. It was introduced in API version 1.10 which shipped with Indigo 6 b11. Your plugin should specify (via the ServerApiVersion key in the Info.plist) the minimum API version required for it to function.

That is correct "he" is using indigo 5.

regards

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:16 pm
kw123 offline

I will post one that does not use that function sometime this week.

Posted on
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:23 pm
kw123 offline

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62gkb3mms1vzk5w/INDIGOplot-2-4-0.zip version 2.4.0

fixes:
1. smoothing with gnuplot not working sometimes
2. some more error controls
adds:
1. each plot can now have its own # of days to be plotted, e.g. one plot can have 2 days and the next 8 days - select in the PLOT section (enable expert mode).
2. posting errors in indigolog if smoothing is not working, i.e. not enough data points, or non contiguous data sections with too few data points, i.e. if you mac was down for 1 hour, came up for 10 minutes, back down etc will create data will holes in it. Smoothing functions do not like that.
3. same error control for MATPLOT. A log file is in /Documents/INDIGOplot/matplot.log . MATPLOT allows more programatic fixes. It tests if smoothing is not working and then displays un-smoothed plot.
4. Removed the need for indigo api 1.1. Indigo 5 should work now. Can't test this as I don't have indigo 5.

still working on:
1. better x axis labels, if there are too many bins (e.g. 390 days in the day plot, its a bit crowded on the x-axis = too many labels.
2. will create a version that keeps the selection of data in the configuration and moves the setup plots into a device schema: create a device in indigo, select indigo plot as device type, create the plot and save. Next plot can be a copy of an existing plot or you can delete a plot by deleting a device.
benefits: the menu gets cut in halve you can add / remove duplicate plots as you do with devices in other areas.
This will require a rewrite of the data array and index management..

Karl

Posted on
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:10 am
haavarda offline

This fixed the errors I had. It is working now.
Setting up the plots now.

regrads

Håvard

Posted on
Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:24 am
mat offline

Hi Karl,

Back from some emergency away time - all good here.

Just testing the latest version and all seems to be working. I'll monitor and let you know if I see anything.

Trust all is ok with you.

regards as always

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:34 am
kw123 offline

thanks for the feedback, I hope nothing bad happened

Posted on
Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:56 am
artpics offline

refreshingimage-1.png
refreshingimage-1.png (12.36 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
refreshingimage.png
refreshingimage.png (14.54 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
HI when i use Maplot only one of my graphs gets updated i have 4 graphs i get no errors in the log. i switch back to gnu plot all graphs get updated but i get this in the log.

thanks.

Code: Select all
Apr 18, 2014, 8:38:00 AM
  indigoplot Error                ------------------------------------
  indigoplot Error                plotting  gnu error: "/Users/orit/Documents/INDIGOPlot/temp-day-S1.gnu", line 36: Can't calculate splines, need at least 3 points
  indigoplot Error                plotting  gnu error: "/Users/orit/Documents/INDIGOPlot/temp-day-S2.gnu", line 36: Can't calculate splines, need at least 3 points
  indigoplot Error                plotting  gnu error: "/Users/orit/Documents/INDIGOPlot/reef-day-S1.gnu", line 26: Can't calculate splines, need at least 3 points
  indigoplot Error                plotting  gnu error: "/Users/orit/Documents/INDIGOPlot/reef-day-S2.gnu", line 26: Can't calculate splines, need at least 3 points

Posted on
Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:36 pm
Korey offline

artpics wrote:
refreshingimage.png

Sorry for the off topic,

@artpics

What are you using to monitor the AV temps? I'm assuming you have a closet / Rack full of gear. I was planning to use a Oregon Scientific THGR810.

Thanks.

--
Korey

Posted on
Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 pm
artpics offline

Korey wrote:
artpics wrote:
refreshingimage.png

Sorry for the off topic,

@artpics

What are you using to monitor the AV temps? I'm assuming you have a closet / Rack full of gear. I was planning to use a Oregon Scientific THGR810.

Thanks.

AV Temp is the average house temp throughout 3 rooms i run a schedule every x minutes with this applescript. there is not much change today as the weather is not very hot.

set MBMultisensorTemp to value of variable "MBMultisensorTemp"
set curTemp to value of variable "curTemp"
set WD_Seans_Room to value of variable "WD_Seans_Room"
set value of variable "Averagetemp" to (curTemp + WD_Seans_Room + MBMultisensorTemp) / 3

i do use an Oregon Scientific sensor in my reef cabinet though works great for temp and humidity.

Posted on
Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:26 pm
kw123 offline

as posted some time before: splines/bezier do not work if there are peaks like in your plot. Csplines (a+bx+cx**2+dx**3) try to do a fit to a set of data points (they do this for sections of the data and then merge the fits). If it is too wild the algorithm does not converge. That is why in one of the last version the error message was captured and exposed in the log file.

two options:
1. do not smooth, or try bezier (but that is a very strong smoothing and you might not like the result
2. set the number of days to be plotted so that the peak in the beginning is not part of the plot. That works with MATPLOT, don't know if it works with GNUPLOT.

as for the temp sensors: I use oregon scientific, have 3; 2 with humidity sensors (one outside one inside) plus a rain gauge. (see machomestore.com)

hope that helps

Karl

Posted on
Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:34 pm
kw123 offline

for MATPLOT: the messages are in MATPLOT.log in your ~/documents/indigoplot folder
Indigo does not work with python 2.6+ and that is required for MATPLOT. So indigoplot plot calls an external python 2.7 shell that does the MATPLOT work and that does unfortunately not have access to the indigo log file. (or at least I have not figured that out )

Posted on
Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:06 pm
Korey offline

artpics wrote:
AV Temp is the average house temp throughout 3 rooms i run a schedule every x minutes with this applescript. there is not much change today as the weather is not very hot.

set MBMultisensorTemp to value of variable "MBMultisensorTemp"
set curTemp to value of variable "curTemp"
set WD_Seans_Room to value of variable "WD_Seans_Room"
set value of variable "Averagetemp" to (curTemp + WD_Seans_Room + MBMultisensorTemp) / 3

i do use an Oregon Scientific sensor in my reef cabinet though works great for temp and humidity.

LOL Sorry! I thought AV was "A/V" as in Audio Video equipment, thinking it was a rack / closet temp sensor for all your equipment!

I have a few of the OS sensors scattered about and they do work very well :wink:

--
Korey

Posted on
Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:01 pm
GRWilde offline

I installed indigoplot version 2.4.0 last Thursday afternoon. After I installed it I lost all of my earlier GNU plots. My several months of data on all of my plots no longer appear - just from Thursday on. Also the new version does not seem to update the actual plots regularly. They seem to show just the data over the single most recent day from 12 am to 12 am unless I go in to configure them again, which then results in a display from Thursday on.

George Wilde

Posted on
Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:06 pm
kw123 offline

as a quick fix you could try:
1. disable indigoplot
2. delete indigoplot directory
3. copy indigoplot directory back from backup
4. enable indigoplot

Cant diagnose this remotely, are there any log file entries?
also could you post / send me (karlwachs@me) your configuration-xxx.cfg files?

thanks

Karl

[EDIT: ]ps-- are you using sql-logger, or are you talking about the plot definitions?