Kia Hyundai plugin

Posted on
Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:41 am
kw123 offline

Kia Hyundai plugin

As I am now considering accessing my KIA e-niro in indigo:

Q: anyone interested in KIA-Hyunday plugin?

Karl

Posted on
Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:29 am
norcoscia offline

Re: Kia Hyundai plugin

Sounds interesting - but trying to think of some useful use cases - I’m happy to test for you in any case

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:47 am
neilk offline

I don't have a Kia/Hyundai and I think I was the only user of my Jaguar Land Rover plugin for my I Pace, but I have on my "when I get some time" list a plan to look at Tronity which essentially connects with a number of car API and delivers control and data. https://www.tronity.io/?lang=en and once the I Pace goes back, I suspect I will tackle it even though the support for my next car is limited (Taycan if it ever arrives). It is subscription but I like the fact they deal with multiple car integrations, and then give a standardised API back, but you may want to take a look.

I use Grafana to track charge status, usage, car location, tyre pressures, locking status etc from the cars API and I love the ability to initiate cabin pre-conditioning via Alexa, as well as locking the car if I don't have the keys to hand with my I Pace plugin. I also get a whole load of other useful device states like the voltage of the 12V battery. (Most EV breakdowns and strange behaviours relate to the 12V system that powers all of the control electronics, with the Webasto resistive heater being the second as most manufacturers use the same component that has a high failure rate)

Neil

Posted on
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:27 am
howartp offline

I’m looking at SmartCar which sounds like it’s similar to Tronity.

Not started any work on it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1