sd images

Posted on
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:44 am
koburg offline

Re: sd images

hmm strange they change the bluetooth

to upgrade the PI's SSD image I just use the command "send all and reboot" ?

Posted on
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:01 am
kw123 offline

sorry, not that simple

ssd update is a manual process and only really works within eg jessey or stretch ..not jessey to stretch
Code: Select all
ssh pi@...
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get autoremove -y
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo reboot now
that might take several hours

or download the new image (pibeacon-2018-12-09.img at https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1x4tr9r521mr3p/pibeacon-2018-12-09.img.zip?dl=1) from my dropbox and burn new image to ssd ~ 1 hours

but if your setup works .. no need to upgrade

Karl

Posted on
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:15 am
koburg offline

Well

I just now recently discovered the last couple of days the pi 3 not the + model
has sometimes gone offline then back on and also the 2 xy find it im using also it goes down and up very fast
so it trigger my rules. the xy have battery enough

it has been working very stable for a very long time I have upgraded to the latest plugin for indigodomo today.

the pi's I use has static ip's

Posted on
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:14 am
kw123 offline

reasons could be:

1. bad network connection ==> check with ping (from your mac to the rpi) , let it run for an hour and check if it misses a beat. ~1% miss should be ok
2. the timing parameters are off in beacon device edit. check if "fast down" is on or expiration time is < 90 secs. set debug ibeacon to on (suggest to send debug to file and check tab files for the beacon messages)
3. bug in plugin ..

Karl

ps
"send all" sends the py programs configs, fonts etc used by pibeacon (3Mbyte) -- NO systems files etc - send automatically by plugin when new version is started
"send config" sends only the config files (~10KB) = sensor info, mac numbers of ok beacons etc, send automatically every xx minutes by plugin