new plugin input request

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:09 am
Different Computers offline

Re: new plugin input request

Now that I'm at a keyboard, I'd like to start off by saying two things:

First, the fact that I have to really think hard about an answer to "What do I want Indigo to do that it doesn't already do?" is an extraordinary accomplishment by Matt and Jay and all the plugin devs. Seriously, I cannot think of a single thing I actually need that isn't already addressed, except for things that would require huge hardware expenditures I don't want to make. And in fact, in many of those cases (like solar panels) there IS a solution ready to be implemented if I pick a compatible system.

Second, This is incredibly generous of you Karl, especially as many of us are already deeply indebted to you for the excellent work you have already done. Your Unifi plugin in particular is transformative for my system, allowing an entire layer of integration that would otherwise be impossible. Thank you.

Onward!

Not sure this falls in your preferred area of play, but I recall when I was starting with Indigo that a way to ease into control pages would be very useful for beginners.

So how about this: Control Page Creator.

Features include automatic generation of a control page for every folder appearing in the left hand pane of Indigo's Home Window under Devices. So if a newbie sorted his/her devices as Living Room, Bedroom, Basement, and Catchall, the plugin would create a page by that name, and put an appropriate control graphic on the page.

Other features could allow similar names in Action groups to also be populated to that same page. So if there's a Living Room folder in Action Groups, those Action Groups also appear on the Living Room page. And default controls to advance to the next auto generated page.

Dynamic management of graphics on the page would be awesome, so as devices or actions are deleted, they would also be deleted from the page.

So would being able to set the default images from a selection of appropriate choices.

Yes, to a large extent, this is already present in the default web landing page for Indigo. But there's no way to turn that default into the start of a custom control page--beginning that process involves a lot of time and experimentation, while this proposed plugin would cut a lot of that time, helping newbies get going faster.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:57 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
So how about this: Control Page Creator.

At least you are setting your hopes low :shock:. I looked into doing something similar a year or two ago and once I wrapped my head around the actual scope of the finished work I said "no thanks". :?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 am

Agreed it's probably a huge project!

But you never know what someone will look at and go "ooooh, what a fun idea! Sure beats having a social life!"

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 pm
Professor Falken offline

One of my ideas is to use an RPI to do voice commands. That would not require any internet connection like ALEXA

any other suggestions?

I would love to enable something like this in my setup. Hope you have luck with it.

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 pm

OK, here's one that's probably easier, and bonus, I know several people have asked about the possibility of it.

A plugin that monitors the log and enables triggers based on a text match.

This enables a variety of things:
• resetting cameras that aren't responding (without needing a camera plugin and even if they still are up on the network)
• Responding to a remote DomoPad or Touch client connection
• Any sort of reaction to an anticipated error

I vaguely recall there's a very complex way to do this, but the procedure was daunting for me

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:10 pm
gillekes offline

Hi guys,

Well I have one: plugin for the LG Webos. I think there is no plugin at the moment?

Thanks for the great work.

Gilles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 pm
kw123 offline

don’t have an lg tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk