Plex Server Version 1.1.0.2611 Breaks Plugin

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:32 pm
Sharek326 offline

Plex Server Version 1.1.0.2611 Breaks Plugin

Yesterday I downloaded Plex Server Version 1.1.0.2611 from Plex Pass. I noticed that I began getting errors triggering my Plex triggers when dimming my lights. I rolled it back to the July release and everything was ok. Here are some of the event logs below:

Plex Media Server Manager Error An error occurred executing the GET/PUT request (Device: 1620963269): ('Connection aborted.', error(61, 'Connection refused'))
Plex Media Server Manager Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkRESTfulDevice.py", line 248, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
responseObj = requests.get(fullGetUrl, auth=authenticationParam, headers=customHeaders, verify=False)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/api.py", line 69, in get
return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/api.py", line 50, in request
response = session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/sessions.py", line 469, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/sessions.py", line 577, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/adapters.py", line 413, in send
raise ConnectionError(err, request=request)
ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', error(61, 'Connection refused'))

Plex Media Server Manager Error An error occurred executing the GET/PUT request (Device: 1620963269): ('Connection aborted.', error(61, 'Connection refused'))

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkRESTfulDevice.py", line 248, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
responseObj = requests.get(fullGetUrl, auth=authenticationParam, headers=customHeaders, verify=False)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/api.py", line 69, in get
return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/api.py", line 50, in request
response = session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/sessions.py", line 469, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/sessions.py", line 577, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/adapters.py", line 413, in send
raise ConnectionError(err, request=request)
ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', error(61, 'Connection refused'))

On a side not after I rolled it back and everything we back to normal I also noticed this error any ideas why? It doesn't prevent anything from working just shows up now and then

Plex Media Server Manager Error Error executing effect for device id 1620963269

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkDeviceResponse.py", line 187, in executeEffects
eval(u'rpDevice.' + effect.updateParam + u'(responseObj, rpCommand)')
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/plexMediaServerDevices.py", line 171, in handlePlexMediaContainerResult
clientDevice.indigoDevice.updateStateOnServer(key=u'currentlyPlayingContentPercentComplete', value=percentComplete, uiValue='{0:d}%'.format(percentComplete))
ValueError: Unknown format code 'd' for object of type 'float'

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:45 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Plex Server Version 1.1.0.2611 Breaks Plugin

I'll take a look - but that error is indicating that it is refusing the connection... wonder if there is a new property or setting that you need to set to allow external API access. Or perhaps has to do with them changing some defaults. All speculation, of course - I'll install the latest and see what I come up with.

What version are you running successfully right now?

Adam

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:47 pm
Sharek326 offline

I'm running Version 1.0.3.2461 Here are some notes

Version 1.1.0.2611
New

Support videos in photo libraries. (#3928)
Support uploading videos to photo libraries. (Android support is available now and other mobile apps are coming soon.) (#3522)
(Web) Updated Plex Web to 2.7.8.
(Security) When server is signed in, clients must be signed in as well, even if they are on the LAN or on localhost. (#3819)
(Preferences) New pref to enable/disable deep media analysis.
(Windows) Updating the server from Plex Web no longer requires user intervention. (#4136)

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:55 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I seem to be running okay with 1.1.0.2611-ba905d2 installed... no clients are playing at the moment but it is talking to the server just fine, and I just verified that it pulled the new version number. When the wife starts watching her show I'll be sure it updates the clients properly.

BTW, my device is setup to use Secure - https with a local IP address and using authentication. Is that how yours is setup in Indigo?

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:58 pm
Sharek326 offline

No Secure Setup I forget why but i think i had a problem in the past when i did

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:05 pm
RogueProeliator offline

No Secure Setup I forget why but i think i had a problem in the past when i did

But you are using authentication on it within the plugin?

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:07 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I don't see any option to use/require secure access -- wasn't that in the Remote Access area before? In case that is now required - might try enabling it within the plugin and testing...

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:08 pm
Sharek326 offline

How can i tell i don't see anything in the settings

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:09 pm
Sharek326 offline

It was an option in Plex Server Preferred or required

How do I enable it in the plugin?

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:10 pm
Sharek326 offline

Never mind I found it set to standard....so that might be why i was getting the error?

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:11 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Never mind I found it set to standard....so that might be why i was getting the error?

IF they have removed the option completely then my guess is they are requiring it... And it may be enabled already for you. I would enable in the plugin and see if it makes a difference.

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:12 pm
Sharek326 offline

Ok standby Im updating the server again and I enabled it in the plugin

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:19 pm
Sharek326 offline

Server is set to Secure and so is the Plugin but the states aren't updating on the client in Indigo

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:21 pm
Sharek326 offline

Wow very odd it took about 3 minutes for the first state change now it seems fine. No errors and the states started to update

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:23 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Strange, but at least it started working, I guess! Were you getting errors in the meantime or just no updates / no errors?