Paused status not working

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:09 pm
Brady offline

Paused status not working

Hello,

Has anybody reported any issues with Plex clients on the Apple TV 4? When I play the client status pretty much immediately shows "Playing" but when I pause a movie it doesn't update and the indigo logs start showing....

Jun 19, 2016, 11:00:31 PM
Error cannot update device state for key clientConnectionStatus to value buffering (invalid enumeration value)

The moment I start playing again the error stops logging.

If I log the client status when it is paused I get the following...

clientConnectionStatus : playing (string)
clientConnectionStatus.connected : false (bool)
clientConnectionStatus.disconnected : false (bool)
clientConnectionStatus.paused : false (bool)
clientConnectionStatus.playing : true (bool)

Is it possible that Plex added a new connectionStatus of 'buffering' and the plugin doesn't know how to handle it?

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:42 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Paused status not working

Is it possible that Plex added a new connectionStatus of 'buffering' and the plugin doesn't know how to handle it?

Absolutely possible as they've done quite a few updates to the server since that enumeration was created -- and even then the API is not really very documented. Some Plex folks helped get the first API docs out, but they don't officially support it too well with documentation. I'll get that state added in.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:05 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Please give the latest updated (v1.1.2) a try and see if it works out okay for you...

Adam

Posted on
Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:10 pm
Brady offline

Thanks for the quick turn around :-) I did have to delete the devices and re-add for the buffering start to start working... but the errors have stopped.

Is there a good place for me to report this to the Plex team? It looks like Apple TV is the only client incorrectly reporting as buffering instead of paused.

I hate to have to create multiple triggers looking for paused vs buffering based only on which Plex client I'm targeting :-(

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:46 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Is there a good place for me to report this to the Plex team? It looks like Apple TV is the only client incorrectly reporting as buffering instead of paused.

I don't know that there is anything to report anyway as this could technically be a valid status... If anything, the onus would be on Apple, not Plex I believe.

I hate to have to create multiple triggers looking for paused vs buffering based only on which Plex client I'm targeting

You don't need multiple triggers for this, however... set a trigger on the status changing and then set conditions on the trigger to execute if it is either paused or buffering.

Adam

Page 1 of 1