Plex Plugin - Status

Posted on
Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:55 pm
Dlucas10 offline

Plex Plugin - Status

Hello!

I'm using the Plex Media Server Plugin to control lighting in the theater, and it works great.

One thing I've noticed is if I have triggers setup for Pause, Resume, etc.. it works awesome. If I have one where I stop the media it takes time to execute and I think the reason is that if the media is stopped it says "Playing" even though it's not playing anything. Once the client disconnects, the lights change based on what I had set. Is there a way to make the Status more accurate? Or, is there another way to detect that the client is no longer playing media so I can turn my lights on! If I pause it, it works! Just not stopped!

Thanks!

Dave

Posted on
Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:44 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Plex Plugin - Status

What client are you using? In another thread we determined that some clients do not properly show up as Stopped on the server immediately when they are stopped - including Plex's own (I believe it was their Home Theater one, but can look it up on here if needed). All other functions, even on that client, showed up immediately -- therefore it was a client. The server has no way to determine the status since to it the client is saying "Playing" still, thus the plugin can't know. :-(

Adam

Page 1 of 1