Displaying art in control page.

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:32 am
chrisfromthelc offline

Displaying art in control page.

I'm struggling with trying to get album art to display in control pages. I'm able to download the art, and I can see the currently playing art getting saved in the specified location in the action. If I save the URL to a variable, I get something like '/library/metadata/2493/art/1530356386' saved to the variable.

How can I take this and show the thumbnail/album art in a control page? I've tried every permutation I could think of in the refreshing URL section, but nothing seems to work.

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:50 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Displaying art in control page.

I'm struggling with trying to get album art to display in control pages. I'm able to download the art, and I can see the currently playing art getting saved in the specified location in the action. If I save the URL to a variable, I get something like '/library/metadata/2493/art/1530356386' saved to the variable.

You actually cannot directly access the Plex Media Server due to their security -- you need the authentication token header and other extras in the request which you cannot do directly in a refreshing URL. What you want to do is use the Download Currently Playing Art to download it to a folder on your computer, such as in a ~/Pictures/PlexImages (of course actual path does not matter). Then on your control page you add it as a refreshing URL with something like:

Code: Select all
file:///Users/bob/Pictures/DownloadedFilename.png

Hope that is clear, this was a quick write-up...

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:28 pm
chrisfromthelc offline

Re: Displaying art in control page.

That totally makes sense. I'll give that a go later on tonight.

Page 1 of 1