APC Power Distribution Unit (PDU) Plugin Added

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 pm
Swancoat offline

Re: APC Power Distribution Unit (PDU) Plugin Added

Yeah, but the ON command still wouldn’t get to the PDU because the router or switch is off. The PDU connects via IP. The PDU has the ability to execute a ‘reboot’ which is an OFF followed by an ON after a pre-determined time with all of that time logic being handled by the PDU, so it will still happen, even if it loses communications.

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:09 am
durosity offline

Is this plugin still working? I’m looking at getting one of these PDUs!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:16 am
anyone offline

It should, what likely will not work is the plugin's ability to tracking the status of the outlet if turned on/off outside of Indigo (i.e. turned On/Off via the PDU's web portal).

Posted on
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:56 pm
durosity offline

Thanks for replying. That in itself isn’t an issue as I’d likely always control it via indigo, but it’s worth knowing! I’ll add it to my potentials list!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:37 pm
durosity offline

Any plans to update this for Python 3 before indigo drops support for the old ones? It’s a handy plugin!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:32 pm
anyone offline

durosity wrote:
Any plans to update this for Python 3 before indigo drops support for the old ones? It’s a handy plugin!

The short answer is, I'm gonna have to because still use this with a APC AP9211 MasterSwitch PDU.

Once I figure out how to get it working for me under Python 3, I will figure out how share a version for anyone who wants it.

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:03 pm
durosity offline

Awesome! I was also wondering would it be possible to add functionality to define the action it sends to the PDU when you turn it off (as in instead of just being a straight off, I could set one device to be an immediate restart or one to be a delayed off!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:49 pm
anyone offline

durosity wrote:
Awesome! I was also wondering would it be possible to add functionality to define the action it sends to the PDU when you turn it off (as in instead of just being a straight off, I could set one device to be an immediate restart or one to be a delayed off!)

I will definitely look at doing that.

The plugin should be able to do what you're asking, request a Delayed On, Delayed Off, Immediate Reboot, or a Delayed Reboot.

You'd have to define which of those actions you want in an Action Group and call that group, but the functionality will be there.

Posted on
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:28 am
durosity offline

APC Power Distribution Unit (PDU) Plugin Added

anyone wrote:
The plugin should be able to do what you're asking, request a Delayed On, Delayed Off, Immediate Reboot, or a Delayed Reboot.

You'd have to define which of those actions you want in an Action Group and call that group, but the functionality will be there.

Do you mean the functionality is already there, or coming when the python 3 plugin arrives? If it’s already there it’s not showing for me as an action option, just update status. I’m on the most current one I can find v0.5.

If it’s something coming in the future, would it be possible to also add the function to set a default action on the device so if it’s turned off it actually sends a command to restart after a delay? The reason I’d want this would be most of the devices on the PDU should never be turned off completely, they’re just being restarted, and some of the equipment it can restart is how indigo communicates with the PDU, so if indigo issues a command to just turn off (eg if i have it setup via HomeKit) it’ll be able to turn off the device, but then not turn it back on again, so getting it to send a restart command by default would be exceptionally handy!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:49 pm
anyone offline

durosity wrote:
anyone wrote:

Do you mean the functionality is already there, or coming when the python 3 plugin arrives? If it’s already there it’s not showing for me as an action option, just update status. I’m on the most current one I can find v0.5.

If it’s something coming in the future, would it be possible to also add the function to set a default action on the device so if it’s turned off it actually sends a command to restart after a delay? The reason I’d want this would be most of the devices on the PDU should never be turned off completely, they’re just being restarted, and some of the equipment it can restart is how indigo communicates with the PDU, so if indigo issues a command to just turn off (eg if i have it setup via HomeKit) it’ll be able to turn off the device, but then not turn it back on again, so getting it to send a restart command by default would be exceptionally handy!

Sorry, I meant in Python 3.

I spent some time looking at your specific feature request. With the Python 3 version I have been testing, when you create a device, there is a check box which says; "Use Off as Reboot".

When checked, an OFF or a Toggled from On to Off, reboots the device with the default ~5 second delay.

The way you would actually turn off the device in Indigo is with an Action Group. (see image)

Does this address what you needed?
Attachments
Untitled 39.jpg
Untitled 39.jpg (195.29 KiB) Viewed 2570 times

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:38 am
durosity offline

Purrrrrfect! Can’t wait to try it out! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:12 am
durosity offline

Hey, had any progress with this?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:06 pm
anyone offline

durosity wrote:
Hey, had any progress with this?

Thanks for nudging me on this.

I submitted a Indigo 2022.1 compatible revision to the Plugin Store today. It includes the "Use Off as Reboot" option that you requested.

I could spend months tinkering with this but all of the core features (On/Off/Reboot) seem to work without any issues.

The SNMP Trap functions that were included in the released back in 2015, are not a part of this release. That is something I want to add because with the new delayed actions feature, On/Off/Reboot, the outlet state likely will become out of sync with the plugin. For example, you could request a "Delayed Reboot All" but have it configured so that an outlet came on after 5 minutes or never turned back on.

"Plugin is pending Indigo Domotics approval." I'd like to wait for approval before sharing the Repo link.

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Approved.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:00 pm
durosity offline

Aw brill, I look forward to trying this out! I'll let you know if I have any issues.

Computer says no.