Just found out about this

https://iotawatt.com/index.html#

Any plug-in artists up for this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:43 am
chase offline

Re: Iotawatt Power Monitor

I don't think there is but it would be great if there were.

I have tried quite a few monitors, Sense is junk, expensive, and never lived up to its promises (also 100% reliant on their cloud and I don't think they will be around for ever). The TED series is expensive, not very flexible and legacy models are not supported for very long (and their software reset on its own a couple of times, causing the database to be reset).... I see there are others around but are all cloud based and/or entirely app based and seem to have major drawbacks.

iota watt is the best value I have found, super reliable and flexible (I have a 400 amp service and all I had to do was order 400a CT's to monitor the mains). I have 42 CTs that monitor every circuit (including solar production and generator back up) on 3 iota watts. It is entirely local, no cloud services requited (although it does support cloud services if you wish). The developer is engaged with the user base and is constantly adding functionality.

The only comparable systems I am aware of are at a commercial / industrial level and the prices are orders of magnitude more expensive.

I volunteer to beta test and give all the 'atto-boys' required if anyone takes this on.

Posted on
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:37 am
Doctor Q offline

Thanks for the report. I have an Aeotec monitor I haven’t installed yet, it may end up on eBay. I like the granularity of the IoTawatt and the no-cloud-unless-asked-for policy. I only have a 100 amp service so I would just need one. Regardless of a plug-in, this is still a useful device and I’ll be ordering one soon.

Posted on
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:02 am
howartp offline

Let me glance at this today and come back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:27 pm
howartp offline

@Chase, i'm dropping you a pm.

Peter

Posted on
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:33 pm
Doctor Q offline

Well, I got my Iotawatt and the main CTs installed today. The central A/C was running when I started it, my usage dropped 40 amps when it turned off. Now I get to watch the money leak out of my wallet in real time Next step, install the 8 CTs to the branch circuits after I trace what breaker goes to which romex run. Good times.
I’ve been wanting something like this for a long time, real time monitoring of individual circuits, can’t wait to see what @howartp might be up to. First idea I had was to flash a light upstairs when the dryer turns off, get my WAF numbers up that way

Page 1 of 1