NOAA Weather Plus

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:55 pm
Mark offline

NOAA Weather Plus

Does Nathan have his own thread?

Would anyone know: can you get at NOAA’s data with this plug-in via Python? I can do it with variables, I suppose, but I’d rather just make direct calls. I want to be able to email myself all the data this plug-in provides...

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:33 pm
Mark offline

Re: NOAA Weather Plus

Scratch that... found what I was after in the "hidden" (scrolled out of view) details on the plug-in's Device Details panel...

Posted on
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:16 am
Mark offline

Re: NOAA Weather Plus

In addition to an email that contains a slew of my system's status info and conditions and states (Devices, Variables, Preferences, etc), plus the log, I now have a section that looks like this:

Code: Select all
WEATHER

Current Temperature: 52°F.
Current Condition: Rain
Current Visibility: 15.0 Miles
Current Humidity: 83%
Current Dew Point: 53°F.
Current Heat Index: °F.
Current Wind Chill: °F.
Current Wind Direction: Southwest (210° True).
Current Wind Speed: 13.5 MPH
-----
This Afternoon, 2019-12-07 16:00:00
Today's High: 58°F.
Chance of Rain Today: 65%
Today's Forecast: Showers likely.  Cloudy, with a high near 58. Southwest wind around 12 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 65%.
-----
Overnight, 2019-12-08 02:00:00
Tonight's Low: 51°F.
Chance of Rain Tonight: 60%
Tonight's Forecast: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 2am, then a chance of showers.  Low around 51. Southwest wind around 5 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 60%.
-----
Sunday, 2019-12-08 06:00:00
Tomorrow's High: 52°F.
Chance of Rain Tomorrow: 40%
Tomorrow's Forecast: A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 10am.  Partly sunny, with a high near 52. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 40%.
-----
Sunday Night, 2019-12-08 18:00:00
Tomorrow Night's Low: 49°F.
Chance of Rain Tomorrow Night: 20%
Tomorrow Night's Forecast: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm  after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
-----
Last Observation Time: 2019-12-08 02:12:00
Elevation: ----.0 Feet

I can send this "status" email to myself with a click, I get it each day in the morning, and I get it anytime there is an error or event that I should know about.

I didn't quite understand the value of plug-ins, or why implementing the plug-in architecture was such a big deal, until I found the plug-ins for NOAA and my Powerview window shades!! Together they saved me a ton of work, and make my life a lot more convenient (and my citrus trees thank you, too, for saving them from a freezing night!)...

Things have come a long way since I used to be able to control the three lights in my bedroom with X-10! :P

Page 1 of 1