Autolog Smappee Controller Discussion

Posted on
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 am
autolog offline

Re: Autolog Smappee Controller Discussion

roquej wrote:
After the 7.1.1 upgrade, I am getting the following error:

ReloadPlugin() caught exception: FileIOError -- cannot move: destination file exists

i am deleted the plugin and preference file. Also reinstalled the 7.1.1 version to ensure files permissions were correct and restarted the Mac Mini. Nothing seems to help

Any suggestions?

JP

Not sure about this one. As a test I have just downloaded and installed the current version from the plugin store (v 2.1.2) and it has installed and works perfectly under Indigo 7.1.1 (for me). :)

I think that the error message is coming from Indigo as it tries to load the plugin. I wonder if you have two copies of the plugin. One in the plugin folder and one in the disabled plugin folder.
I agree that it is odd that you have rolled back to the previous version and it is OK. :?

Posted on
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:19 pm
petematheson offline

I think this can be resolved by changing the location of the debug folder in the plugin config. I suspect the current location has a permissions problem.
The Smappee plugin is pre-Indigo 7 and therefore the logging was done differently to how it is now done in Indigo 7. :)[/quote]

Tips on how to do this?
It doesn't give me anywhere to change the location. I check the 'show debugging and logging options' but I can't save the preferences because of this error :/
Can I do it manually in the config files somewhere?

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 am
autolog offline

petematheson wrote:
autolog wrote:
I think this can be resolved by changing the location of the debug folder in the plugin config. I suspect the current location has a permissions problem.
The Smappee plugin is pre-Indigo 7 and therefore the logging was done differently to how it is now done in Indigo 7. :)

Tips on how to do this?
It doesn't give me anywhere to change the location. I check the 'show debugging and logging options' but I can't save the preferences because of this error :/

I thought I could fix this quickly but I can't. :|

I am now running through an exercise to change the plugin to run under Indigo 7 - it will sort out the logging problem. I hope to have this done this week. :)

Posted on
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
petematheson wrote:
autolog wrote:
The Smappee plugin is pre-Indigo 7 and therefore the logging was done differently to how it is now done in Indigo 7. :)

Tips on how to do this?

I thought I could fix this quickly but I can't. :|

I am now running through an exercise to change the plugin to run under Indigo 7 - it will sort out the logging problem. I hope to have this done this week. :)

I have now completed the coding to move the Smappee Controller to Indigo 7. This means the plugin is using standard Indigo 7 logging and so this problem hopefully won't occur.

Hopefully I will push it to Github tomorrow (as a beta) - I just want it to run past midnight to make sure nothing is going to go pear shaped. :)

Posted on
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:46 pm
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
roquej wrote:
After the 7.1.1 upgrade, I am getting the following error:

ReloadPlugin() caught exception: FileIOError -- cannot move: destination file exists

i am deleted the plugin and preference file. Also reinstalled the 7.1.1 version to ensure files permissions were correct and restarted the Mac Mini. Nothing seems to help

Any suggestions?

JP

Not sure about this one. As a test I have just downloaded and installed the current version from the plugin store (v 2.1.2) and it has installed and works perfectly under Indigo 7.1.1 (for me). :)

I think that the error message is coming from Indigo as it tries to load the plugin. I wonder if you have two copies of the plugin. One in the plugin folder and one in the disabled plugin folder.
I agree that it is odd that you have rolled back to the previous version and it is OK. :?

I have now completed the coding to move the Smappee Controller to Indigo 7. This may or may not resolve the problem you experienced?

Hopefully I will push it to Github tomorrow (as a beta) - I just want it to run past midnight to make sure nothing is going to go pear shaped. :)

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:48 pm
autolog offline

Version 3.0.0 is now available from Github as a pre-release - https://github.com/autolog/Smappee/releases

In due course I will publish this in the Indigo Plugin Store but await positive user feedback before doing so. Also I need to update the documentation. :)

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:32 pm
petematheson offline

Not getting any data back in the upgraded version yet, although still playing.

When I add the Smappee Electricity V2 in it shows no readings, but gives me:
Smappee sent "Smappee Electricity" energy update request
Smappee Error StandardError detected in 'handleGetConsumption'. Line '2886' has error=''Plugin' object has no attribute 'electricityLast''
Smappee Error Decoded response from Smappee was:'[{u'consumptions': [], u'serviceLocationId': 21040}]'

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:33 pm
ZachBenz offline

autolog wrote:
Version 3.0.0 is now available from Github as a pre-release - https://github.com/autolog/Smappee/releases

In due course I will publish this in the Indigo Plugin Store but await positive user feedback before doing so. Also I need to update the documentation. :)

3.0.0 has been working great for me since installing yesterday.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:04 am
autolog offline

petematheson wrote:
Not getting any data back in the upgraded version yet, although still playing.

When I add the Smappee Electricity V2 in it shows no readings, but gives me:
Smappee sent "Smappee Electricity" energy update request
Smappee Error StandardError detected in 'handleGetConsumption'. Line '2886' has error=''Plugin' object has no attribute 'electricityLast''
Smappee Error Decoded response from Smappee was:'[{u'consumptions': [], u'serviceLocationId': nnnnn}]'

This is a bug in the plugin as I made an incorrect assumption that consumptions would return some values - I need to handle the situation where it doesn't. :|
The error message shows that the plugin has not received any consumption data from the Smappee server.

I assume that the iOS Smappee App is showing the live info and usage?

It might be worth checking the plugin config to ensure that it is setup correctly following the upgrade i.e. with your smappee login details.

Otherwise I will need to see some logs from plugin start. :)

Posted on
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:05 am
autolog offline

ZachBenz wrote:
autolog wrote:

3.0.0 has been working great for me since installing yesterday.

Thanks for the feedback. :)