Multiple Users

Posted on
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:35 am
petematheson offline

Multiple Users

Hi All,

Random question - I'm on a quest to migrate everything onto a single Mac at home (New M1 Mac mini)

I've got it pretty much all working, except with iMessage on Indigo, as it's sending using my own account rather than my dedicated Indigo account.

If I was to create a user profile for Indigo, but then switch user to my own personal login - would this work? or does it all break if Indigo isn't running in the actively logged in user context?

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:03 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Users

Indigo must be installed on an account that has admin privs - but it doesn't have to be the currently logged in account since you can have multiple accounts logged in at the same time. I'm less sure however if the iMessage plugin which is running on one account can talk to the Messages app running on a different account - that might violate macOS security. Don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:33 am
petematheson offline

Re: Multiple Users

jay (support) wrote:
Indigo must be installed on an account that has admin privs - but it doesn't have to be the currently logged in account since you can have multiple accounts logged in at the same time. I'm less sure however if the iMessage plugin which is running on one account can talk to the Messages app running on a different account - that might violate macOS security. Don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Thanks! Will give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1