Best messaging practice

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:18 pm
alphaboy offline

Best messaging practice

I know that there is a multitude of plug-ins out there. What is the best way to send ios type messages for things like motion detection etc? To be clear not looking for how to set up the indigo triggers simply what's the best technology. ie. Pushover?

I'm surprised that indigo touch doesn't allow notification. This would be helpful as we would not need to install another third-party app as most already have indigo touch installed.

Thanks for your help as always!

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:33 pm
mundmc offline

Re: Best messaging practice

I don’t know if it’s “the best,” but I find Pushover to be quite dependable and relatively consistent. I also use Twilio with good results, especially for family members who don’t want to install new apps.

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:40 pm
DaveL17 offline

My cellular provider (Verizon US) has a service where you can send an email message and it will appear as a text message (phone_number@vtext.com).

This is what I use for real-time Indigo notifications. For less urgent things, I use straight email.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:27 pm
siclark offline

I use Pushover for most alerts, information notifications, as I find they can be ignored, and if I dont read them for a while, they seem to not pop up.

For urgent ones, I use iMessage, which I find harder to ignore / miss!

Page 1 of 1