New User and a question...

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:39 pm
Webheadfred offline

New User and a question...

Greetings all,

What a joy Indigo 7.2 is! I played around with OpenHab on a Raspberry Pi b3 + and was able to get it sort of working. I was able to manually control everything but it was TEDIOUS!. I eventually discovered Indigo and installed the trial version. It was what I always wanted! It works perfectly and even this old codger was able to get my stuff up and running to the point that even the dubious wife-unit was impressed. So of course, I purchased the full version.

I am just starting out and have been able to get the Ring® doorbell to turn on lights after dusk when there is motion detected. I'm able to use Indigo Touch on my various devices working the way I want them. I'm doing something wrong though. After my system sleeps, I have about an hour and a half and then nothing works. I believe it has something to do with my sleep mode on the iMac.

How do I keep the server running in the background when the computer sleeps so I can it the reflector and control stuff past that 1.5 hour cutoff? I have an event that turns on certain lights at sunset. Tonight when enjoying a cigar, I was expecting things to light up and when it didn't, I 'woke' the iMac and of course everything worked as expected. Do I have to keep the computer up and running and just sleep the screen?

Cheers for an excellent product that WORKS!

Regards,

Fred

iMac iMac12,2
High Sierra
32gb ram
Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5
Several GE simple devices.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro

iMac 12,2 32gb ram 1tb SSD
Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5
Various Z-Wave devices

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:53 pm
Webheadfred offline

Re: New User and a question...

Thanks! That's what I suspected. I'll just sleep the monitor and let the rest do work. Cheers!

iMac 12,2 32gb ram 1tb SSD
Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5
Various Z-Wave devices

Page 1 of 1