New User

Posted on
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:17 pm
rustysann offline

New User

Hi, just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone in the forums and also share how excited I am about being turned on to Indigo! I’ve peered into the world of home automation over the last several years as my wife and I have built a new home, but had no idea the full breadth of what could be done with a software system such as this! I must admit that when I first saw the software and all of the options, it was quite overwhelming, but, fortunately for me, I have a good friend who lives close by who not only introduced me to it but is very fluent with it. After playing around for a short while it became apparent that this system is very intuitive and is a must for someone wanting a true automated home!

Thanks for building such a great system and I look forward to learning much more on the forums and putting Indigo to full use!

Rusty Sanner

Posted on
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:24 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: New User

Welcome! As a longtime Indigo user, you won’t regret your choice.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:42 am
DaveL17 offline

Welcome! I will just add that the developers are extremely responsive and these forums are some of the most friendly and helpful home automation forums anywhere.

You've come to the right place.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Rusty – welcome to the community!

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:19 am
howartp offline

Welcome!

Just make sure you’ve got deep pockets for all the ideas you find that you want to implement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:22 am
mat offline

welcome - ditto the deep pockets

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:14 pm
rustysann offline

Thanks for the warm welcome ! Yes, I’m quickly finding out that to have all the fun stuff, you need to have all the green stuff ! :D

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:21 am
Different Computers offline

You'll realize now that you'll start evaluating every purchase based on whether or not it can be integrated into Indigo.

Need a new stereo receiver? Of course you'll want a Denon or Yamaha of the correct model.

Ceiling fan? Screw all those ones that can't be integrated!

Good luck and have fun.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:35 pm
boisy offline

Heh, I'm the one responsible for guiding Rusty to Indigo. Rusty's a DIY kind of guy, AND an Apple user, so I knew this would be the perfect software for him.

Welcome, bud!

Page 1 of 1