Visonic Powermax Pro serial or IP integration

Posted on
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:58 am
badgerarc offline

Visonic Powermax Pro serial or IP integration

Hi all. I've been demoing Indigo for the last few weeks and have managed to get almost everything in my current setup (Vera, Hue lights, several Zwave devices) up and running fine on Indigo. My big issue though is getting my Visonic Powermax alarm integrated. It's currently connected to my Vera Plus via Serial and when it works, it works great, but I've just found the Vera platform to be unreliable, and I'm looking for something better. I currently have a Powerlink3+ module for the alarm system on order to allow IP comms instead of serial, but I would like to integrate the system into Indigo. Currently using the vera I can utilise all of my Visonic sensors in any of my scenes. I do have an RFXCom 433MHz USB unit, but the Powermax sensors work on 868MHz.

Before I shell out to purchase Indigo, can anyone suggest the best way I can look at integrating my Powermax Pro alarm system with Indigo? Serial or IP? The Vera Bridge plugin obviously doesn't cover this type of device. SHort of learning python, I'm a bit stuck here!

Thanks,

Badger

Posted on
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:23 am
Vangelis offline

Re: Visonic Powermax Pro serial or IP integration

I run the great Cynical Network plugin (from Perry the Cynic) to talk IP to my Comfort Alarm panel. I can monitor all aspects of my alarm (sensors / arming etc) and can generate events in Indigo based on this (Sonos announcements)

Check out what strings your alarm supports and have the plugin 'match' on these..

Vangelis

Posted on
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:45 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Visonic Powermax Pro serial or IP integration

Since you say your Visonic units are using 868MHz, I'm assuming you're in the EU or nearby. If you can't the integration via the panel working, you could get a ZiBlue RFPlayer dongle and use the plugin for it to monitor the sensor reports. It's similar to the RFXCom but also does 868MHZ (using the EU version).

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1