Z-Wave multiple IO

Posted on
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:08 pm
rjlabry offline

Z-Wave multiple IO

I am new to the Indigo website and I am interested in purchasing the software, but I would like to know if there is any hardware on the market that can accept multiple inputs/outputs, i.e. discrete in, discrete out, analog in, RTD in, etc and preferably communicate Z-Wave. I noticed that FortrezZ offers a Z-Wave IO interface, but it has only 2 DI and 2 DO.
Comments?
thanks,
RjL

Posted on
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z-Wave multiple IO

Not really for Z-Wave. There are Insteon modules along with the EasyDAQ line (USB connected and with an Indigo plugin preinstalled) and there are other I/O plugins available as well.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 am
krissh offline

Don't know if this is available yet..
http://www.heatit.com/heating-control/w ... t-z-water/

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:25 pm
jaga01 offline

Hi,
The Danish company Logic Home Control has a very exciting general purpose Z-Wave I/O module with 10 Digital inputs & 4 digital outputs.

Link to the product description page is below:

http://logichome.dk/index.php/products

Regards, Jacob

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:56 pm
mclass offline

Adding to Jay's earlier post, and whilst not ZWave, the excellent piBeacon and Arduino plugins can provide the required functionality with Indigo using relatively low cost, readily available hardware.
mclass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:07 am
johnpolasek offline

mclass wrote:
Adding to Jay's earlier post, and whilst not ZWave, the excellent piBeacon and Arduino plugins can provide the required functionality with Indigo using relatively low cost, readily available hardware.
mclass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll second that and note that the WIFI on the rPis frequently has better coverage and fewer "dead spots" than the Z-wave mesh, especially if you have a lot of pre Gen 5 devices AND at $25 for the Pi Zero w + case + wall wart + 16 gig microSD, it's cheaper than pretty much ANY Z-wave device I've seen on the market.. One of my rPi's is currently monitoring 22 door and window contact closures and I am in the process of setting up another one to monitor the pressure drop across my AC filter and delta T across the coil using I2C sensors

Page 1 of 1