client version

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:48 am
koburg offline

client version

is it possible to install client version on a second Mac to control the home system whit out a second license key ?

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:59 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: client version

Yes it is. Many of us do this. There are a couple things to note.

1. If connecting from within your own LAN, you will want to "connect to a remote client" with the LAN IP of your Indigo Server.
2. If connecting from outside your own LAN, you will want to "connect to a remote client" with the WAN IP of your modem/router.
3. You can not connect remotely using the Indigo reflector service (your_name.indigodomo.net)
4. Certain things can only be done using the client on your server hardware (like installing plugins or linking to script files).

With number 4, you can do these things with screen sharing, etc. Also, many use a VPN for tunneling home from the WAN, but I've not done this (I just use my WAN IP); I can't help you with VPNs..

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:59 am
FlyingDiver offline

Yes. License is per server install, not per client.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am
Different Computers offline

DaveL17 wrote:
1. If connecting from within your own LAN, you will want to "connect to a remote client" with the LAN IP of your Indigo Server.

While this is true, at least on my network it's possible to use the bonjour name of the mac hosting Indigo. "indigo.local" for example, instead of 192.168.1.111.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:31 am
koburg offline

Ok thank you all.

1. so I could install a second copy of indigodomo (only 1 license) and run it as client over the wan. (outside my house)
2. but I can not install or manage scripts but make triggers and stuff I guess ?
3. or I can use a screen share software like temaviewer, to install scripts etc.

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

When you run the Indigo Installer, click the custom (or maybe it's options) button on the first screen and then select just the client so you don't get a server installed as well.

Note that if you want to use the client from your WAN you'll also need to enable port forwarding in your router to forward requests from 1176 to your Indigo Server Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 am
koburg offline

jay (support) wrote:
When you run the Indigo Installer, click the custom (or maybe it's options) button on the first screen and then select just the client so you don't get a server installed as well.

Note that if you want to use the client from your WAN you'll also need to enable port forwarding in your router to forward requests from 1176 to your Indigo Server Mac.

great thanks!

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:07 pm
johnpolasek offline

koburg wrote:
Ok thank you all.

1. so I could install a second copy of indigodomo (only 1 license) and run it as client over the wan. (outside my house)
2. but I can not install or manage scripts but make triggers and stuff I guess ?
3. or I can use a screen share software like temaviewer, to install scripts etc.

You CAN create triggers or actions and edit EMBEDDED scripts within them; You CANNOT edit external scripts (which are stored in the library directory of the server machine). And you can define and sync and modify parameters of devices from the client(s). You can configure, enable, and disable plugins, but not install or update them (again because they reside on the server). WHen you are screen sharing, you effectively ARE on the server so that allows you access to the servers directory. At our house, we have the server in a back room and two clients (one in the living room and one in the master bedroom) that do pretty much the maintenance except for updating plugins, as well as a flock of Ipods and domopads that do the actual control work.

Posted on
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 pm
koburg offline

jay (support) wrote:

I have tried to port forward the 1176 from my router iMac has static ip. and I have a DDNS with are working for other applications in the house.

the firewall on the Mac is disable but it still says connection error is there something else I need ?

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 am
Different Computers offline

I have a DDNS with are working for other applications in the house.

Are those apps on the iMac that runs Indigo? Or at least some of them? 1176 is the port for the Indigo app itself. 8176 gets you the Indigo Web Server.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:07 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

koburg wrote:
I have tried to port forward the 1176 from my router iMac has static ip. and I have a DDNS with are working for other applications in the house.

the firewall on the Mac is disable but it still says connection error is there something else I need ?

Nope, that should be all that's necessary. The iMac is your Indigo Server, right? Have you tried connecting just on the local network from the client Mac to the Indigo Server Mac just to confirm it's working that way?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:27 pm
koburg offline

Yes!! :D :lol:

Tried local worked

then I tried again "outside" but excluded "http://" Worked

-Allan

Posted on
Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, that's not a URL field, just needs a host name or IP.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1