have some questions

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:07 am
koburg offline

have some questions

Hello everybody :D

I have recent installed the trial version of indigodomo 7.xx

I am from Europe

and it seems like a very cool system like many I have tried different systems before.
but I do have som questions. I have not yet bought a z- wave stick but will do later if I can do what I want.

1.a i do have a yale door lock - conexis l1 I have the zwave eu chip. it is the same z-wave module yale use here in Europe my main question
will it work with indigo?
1.b it seems like because other yale locks just because they have the same module not are exactly same z- wave settings I also have another yale lock
that work in the old z-wave system but not this lock.
1.c this lock DO Not have keypad only rfid bricks and bluetooth for an phone app. and of course the wave module.

link for the lock : http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/productsdb/smart-door-locks/conexis-l1-smart-door-lock/

2. how about alarm system is it possible to make home/away Arm/not armed stuff ? mainly with z-wave.

there will probably come more questions on the way im testing but I have added my Sonos and hue and global cache so far very easy!
and like that it is all included not like other home hubs only have partly integrated the "things"

-Allan

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:45 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: have some questions

koburg wrote:

Welcome to the Indigo community.

koburg wrote:
1.a i do have a yale door lock - conexis l1 I have the zwave eu chip. it is the same z-wave module yale use here in Europe my main question
1.b it seems like because other yale locks just because they have the same module not are exactly same z- wave settings I also have another yale lock
1.c this lock DO Not have keypad only rfid bricks and bluetooth for an phone app. and of course the wave module.

link for the lock : http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/productsdb/smart-door-locks/conexis-l1-smart-door-lock/

I don't know that anyone had tried that lock with Indigo yet. If it doesn't work with other Z-Wave systems then it may require some level of tweaking on our side to get it working. Unfortunately we won't know until someone tries it. If you get a Z-Stick then you can give it a try and if it doesn't work we can start looking into it.

koburg wrote:
2. how about alarm system is it possible to make home/away Arm/not armed stuff ? mainly with z-wave.

There's a wiki article which outlines one way of building a homegrown security system. That example is somewhat elaborate because I wanted to show how to use a variety of features in Indigo. There are a lot of different ways of approaching it however - that's just one.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:55 am
durosity offline

Afaik the Conexis l1 currently doesn’t have an official Z-Wave module and was due later this year, however many users have reported the old Z-WAVE module works but of course some features aren’t configurable via that. If this is still the case then the module should work perfectly with indigo... it certainly does for me with the older model with the keypad!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:02 am
koburg offline

jay (support) wrote:
koburg wrote:

Welcome to the Indigo community.

koburg wrote:

I don't know that anyone had tried that lock with Indigo yet. If it doesn't work with other Z-Wave systems then it may require some level of tweaking on our side to get it working. Unfortunately we won't know until someone tries it. If you get a Z-Stick then you can give it a try and if it doesn't work we can start looking into it.

koburg wrote:

There's a wiki article which outlines one way of building a homegrown security system. That example is somewhat elaborate because I wanted to show how to use a variety of features in Indigo. There are a lot of different ways of approaching it however - that's just one.

thanks for fast reply. I will look at this wiki then.

1. the reflector for webserver is not possible to test with out buying ?

2. can I test the ios app and the web interface local ?

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

koburg wrote:
1. the reflector for webserver is not possible to test with out buying ?

2. can I test the ios app and the web interface local ?

Correct on both - the reflector service comes as part of the purchase, but you can test all Indigo Touch clients (iOS and web) on your local network.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:07 am
koburg offline

durosity wrote:
Afaik the Conexis l1 currently doesn’t have an official Z-Wave module and was due later this year, however many users have reported the old Z-WAVE module works but of course some features aren’t configurable via that. If this is still the case then the module should work perfectly with indigo... it certainly does for me with the older model with the keypad!

hmm strange because I wrote with the chief developer from yale because off all the problems in the beginning with the lock, and wrote I had bought the z-wave module.

and vesternet as you probably know is selling the lock with the "old" module.

do you have any link for this information really like to see this because then I will switch my module.

I do have the lock connected and it will open bt not notifications at all. is there from indigo ?
because the lock have sensors for both the manual handle and the motor so it can notify when unlocked etc..

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

durosity wrote:

When I first looked at the product page, I didn't see Z-Wave and a search on the page for "Z-Wave" didn't reveal it. However, on closer inspection, I did see the Z-Wave logo on an image at the bottom of the screen. Those seem to change dynamically though so when I went back I had to reload to finally see it.

I also noticed as I was reloading the page that there was a link to their Z-Wave module on that bottom section.

It definitely doesn't appear that Yale really wants to make the Z-Wave aspect very clear... :roll:

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:21 am
durosity offline

@koburg - what did they Yale developer say regarding z-wave? Alas I can’t remember where I saw the information I have.. and it’s possible it’s no longer the case, but as you said if Vesternet is still selling it with the old module then seems likely it’s still correct.

@Jay yeah I was looking at that too.. seems strange. It just occurred to me friend ordered one a while ago with the z wave module.. if he’s got it fitted I’ll see if I can pop round and sync it to a demo copy of indigo with my still unused gen 5 z-stick (why oh why can’t there be a nice easy way to move from one to another? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:32 am
koburg offline

durosity wrote:
@koburg - what did they Yale developer say regarding z-wave? Alas I can’t remember where I saw the information I have.. and it’s possible it’s no longer the case, but as you said if Vesternet is still selling it with the old module then seems likely it’s still correct.

Well not much he just said ok that I had the module I got the lock when it first came out 1.jan this year. and there was a lot of trouble with the iOS app which is used to unlock the door from bluetooth which im not using.

And more important add key tags to the lock it was a real pain. but it is much better now still slow loading the app sometimes but when the key tags er added and also
the lock settings are set which you also can do from the phone you are not using the app.

but I think I will write to vesternet I know they have very good relation with yale and ask them.

you could maybe have right about it because on the yale store the z-wave module says to "connected" smart lock and this label is not on the
conexis page.

now I think I will look for the z-wave stick.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 am
koburg offline

is the aeotec z-wave stick a good option it is with battery does it mean I can pair next to the unit and then load it into indigo ?

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

durosity wrote:
(why oh why can’t there be a nice easy way to move from one to another? ;)

Aeotec still won't share the backup/restore specs with us. My guess is that it's so low-level as to be not really suitable for 3rd parties (could easily brick the stick).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 am
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
Aeotec still won't share the backup/restore specs with us. My guess is that it's so low-level as to be not really suitable for 3rd parties (could easily brick the stick).

Yeah I’ve seen your other posts about it.. although that still wouldn’t help moving from a II to a Gen 5. Still at least once I do go though the process for the move I can back it up using their utility.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

koburg wrote:
is the aeotec z-wave stick a good option it is with battery does it mean I can pair next to the unit and then load it into indigo ?

Not with encrypted devices (like locks) - those require the Z-Stick to be connected to the Mac when the inclusion is done. However, you can do it with other devices, though I would suggest trying to do it from Indigo first since the network routes will be correct. If you take the stick to the device, then when you get it back to Indigo you'll likely want to optimize the network because the routes may not be the same.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:01 pm
durosity offline

Frankly it’s a lot easier doing it directly in indigo too.. (hopefully some functionality for inclusion via indigo touch will appear in the not too distant future... it can be done now to a limited extent with action groups but not exactly easy!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:24 pm
howartp offline

I made a single action group for each Zwave inclusion command the second they became available; can't get much easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro