Re: Indigo 7

Release date hasn't been announced.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:33 am
jh71283 offline

Will there be a beta release? I really want to write an alexa skill for indigo, but there is no point targeting I6, as it will need the reflector-esque technology which we will all have as of I7.

Without committing to a date, do you even know which month it is likely to be?

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

There won't be a public beta for Indigo 7. The release is getting closer. :shock:

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:53 am
steinis offline

you can say if it is this year?:)

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:43 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It sure better be.

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:10 am
eme jota ce offline

jh71283 wrote:
Will there be a beta release? I really want to write an alexa skill for indigo, but there is no point targeting I6, as it will need the reflector-esque technology which we will all have as of I7.

Without committing to a date, do you even know which month it is likely to be?

I've heard (through the grapevine) that there is a private beta currently testing Indigo 7. Jay and Matt have a reputation for caring about releasing solid (well-tested) updates. My personal decision has been to postpone Indigo system projects until Indigo7 is released to the public. (The I7 Beta forum has been online for a while). I expect it will be released soon enough and appreciate that waiting will let me spend time on new and improved features, not troubleshooting.
Last edited by eme jota ce on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:06 am
durosity offline

(Shhhh it's the worlds best kept secret. Last time I even hinted at that Matt & Jay put a bag over my head, threw me in the back of a van and nearly threw me off a bridge. I'd hate you to suffer the same fate.. ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:54 am
roussell offline

I like to think of Indigo 7 like with giant eagle's wings, and it's up on stage singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

(Sorry, re-watched Talladega Nights for the millionth time last night and the wisdom of Cal Naughton Jr. is still stuck in my head)

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jh71283 wrote:

There's already an open-source alexa skill that a user wrote a while back. The problem of course is that you have to deploy it as a test from a developer account so while it's sorta reusable, it requires some work. Until we can work around Amazon's lack of configuration UI support, a universally deployed skill would be impossible. Well, at least from the last time I looked at the Alexa docs. I wrote this blog post about a year ago, and while some things in the API seem to have improved (and several workarounds have evolved), the fundamental issue (#1 on that post) is still a problem. Once we get Indigo 7 out the door, one of the things that's high on our list is looking more closely at this in hopes of providing a supported solution.

And, not sure what "reflector-esque technology which we will all have as of I7" means exactly, but commenting on an Indigo 7 feature as if it's fact seems a little, um, premature...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:18 am
eme jota ce offline

durosity wrote:
(Shhhh it's the worlds best kept secret. Last time I even hinted at that Matt & Jay put a bag over my head, threw me in the back of a van and nearly threw me off a bridge. I'd hate you to suffer the same fate.. ;)

Good point. I thought people would recognize from my signature that I'm in FL - not a state known for its grapevine quality.

Posted on
Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:12 am
nclemmons offline

There is an Alexa-Hue plugin that lets you use Alexa with Indigo / Insteon.

I've been using it for several months and it works fine. Tighter integration would be nice, but for controlling individual lights or groups, it works.

I don't have more advanced devices so not sure if it would work with those.

Posted on
Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:12 am
jh71283 offline

jay (support) wrote:
And, not sure what "reflector-esque technology which we will all have as of I7" means exactly, but commenting on an Indigo 7 feature as if it's fact seems a little, um, premature...

Well it came from your own blog http://www.indigodomo.com/blog/2015/09/ ... p-to-date/

indigo blog wrote:
Up-to-Date subscriptions include an Indigo Reflector which will no longer be available separately

Seeing as actual facts around indigo 7 are pretty scarce, I figured it unsafe to assume that the indigo reflector technology would remain unchanged.

Posted on
Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:05 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7 up-to-date subscriptions will include reflectors (as we don't want to have 2 different subscriptions), but the actual reflector technology will be pretty much unchanged for v7.0.

Posted on
Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:48 pm
jfeger offline

matt (support) wrote:
Indigo 7 up-to-date subscriptions will include reflectors (as we don't want to have 2 different subscriptions), but the actual reflector technology will be pretty much unchanged for v7.0.

Shut-up and take my money already! :) In all seriousness, I don't subscribe to the reflector service today, and almost did so a week or two ago. Then I noticed this slight change for I7 and have decided to wait. If you guys could go ahead and release this bad boy, that'd be great! :)

Cant wait to see the work you guys have been putting in!

-j