Please Help me decide between Indigo Pro and ISY994i

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:23 pm
RichP offline

Please Help me decide between Indigo Pro and ISY994i

Almost bought a SmartThings hub last week on a whim, but decided to do some homework and came across Indigo, openHAB, Home Assistant and the ISY994i (z-wave).

Quickly eliminated openHAB & Home Assistant as I don't have the time/patience to configure those two.

Installed the demo of Indigo on my Imac and pretty quickly got my DSC Alarm, Nest and Squeezebox configure working!

i can't get any of my Android devices to pair with Domotics Pad for some reason but hope that will get worked out soon -> http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=15836

Before I make the final commitment and order a z-wave controller and some switches/motion sensors I got stuck with Garage Door controllers.

Looks like the GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener isn't supported yet and neither is MYQ (though this might be possible with a plugin)http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=11917&hilit=myq

This led me to start looking at the ISY994i but alas I cannot demo that box without spending $209 on Amazon.

The slow pace of z-wave additions has me a little concerned, although I realize that may be less of an issue when V7 comes out.

Has anyone else decided between the 2 or moved from ISY994i to Indigo?

Appreciate your help!

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:12 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Please Help me decide between Indigo Pro and ISY994i

Did you make a decision yet?

I've got no experience with ISY, but I'm a week in to Indigo, starting at zero, and could share my experiences. In particular, I feel like a whole world of potential integration is opening up because Indigo is hosted on a Mac. This would be very diff from the ISY.

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:08 pm
RichP offline

Re: Please Help me decide between Indigo Pro and ISY994i

I wound up banging my head for a few days with OpenHab and then finally got it to work with all my devices: MYQ, DSC, Nest, etc...it has a lot of binding built in.

Openhab definitely is one of the hardest to get going, but once you wrap your head around it is not too bad

I'm currently running on my iMac for testing but want to move it to a RPi and stick in a closet with a small battery backup.

Indigo was the easiest to get setup btw.

Page 1 of 1