Post about a bridge for Indigo control of SmartThings?

Posted on
Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:12 pm
Different Computers offline

Post about a bridge for Indigo control of SmartThings?

Was I dreaming?

I pretty vividly recall someone talking about developing a bridge to let Indigo use an ST hub as a dumb device. This would, at least in theory if fully implemented, allow Indigo to control Zigbee devices. But I can't find any mention of this even after searching the forums here and reading LOTS of posts.

Anyone?

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Post about a bridge for Indigo control of SmartThings?

Maybe I was thinking of Ham Bridge.

Any users of it here?

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I believe there was discussion of it being a good idea - but I don't recall anyone actually saying that they were developing one.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Anyone out there using Ham Bridge to connect to a SmartThings Hub?

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:05 am

Based on some feedback about Ham Bridge and what is necessary for it to work (mostly that my ST hub would have to stay online and I would have to add some programming to various SmartApps) I'm not going to proceed on this.

If there's someone out there actively considering development of a Zigbee plugin for Indigo, I will consider donating some or loaning most of my Zigbee stuff to them to help with research and testing. Otherwise I'll sell it on the ST forums.

Iris Motion
Smart Sense Motion
Iris Door/Contact sensor
Presence sensor (that I'm not sure still works)

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:45 pm
bbruck offline

As time has gone on, I've been getting away from the Indigo-Only attitude that I had for many years. I found that one central control for everything - from sound to TV to thermostat to lighting wasn't as important to me. This has been because I'm more into manual-automation rather than scheduled-scene-automation. So I've been looking for best-in-class automation products, and I simply have a page on my iPhone that has links to various things like Hue for lighting, MyQ for garage door, and more lately Ecobee for thermostat and Spruce for irrigation.

The big thing for the latter two are remote sensors. With Ecobee I have a MUCH more comfortable house, as the HVAC adjusts to the temperatue in the rooms people are in. For irrigation - and I'm just installing this now - the Spruce system has temperature/moisture sensors in key areas throughout my yard, and will control irrigation not based on a schedule but on the moisture of the area (plus forcasted precipitation).

So I'll enjoy plug-ins as they are available for these products, but until then I'm pretty satisfied being able to control them easily from my iPhone - even if they aren't integrated into Indigo. Sort of a sea-change for me.

Page 1 of 1