Control Pages

Posted on
Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:46 pm
dz1rfj offline

Control Pages

So, this is my 5th day on Indigo from Vera Edge / Pro.

Three quick questions / comments:

1. Control pages seem interesting, hoping to see any information on Evertygo supporting Imperihoime on Indigo.
In the meantime, as I play with control pages, is it possible to toggle n action group using a single icon ?

2. I have asked, but I have not been able to find anything on a WINK hub plugin similar to the one VERA has that exposes all win devices to vera via the software plugin. Does anyone know of any developers working on this that would solve the gap for my CASETA switches ?

3. I successfully paired an ENERWAVE 7 Scene wall controller with Indigo, but do not appear to be able to figure out how to create the triggers. I placed a request to support, but have not heard back yet. Anyone have the steps needed ?

Thanks all!

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Control Pages

dz1rfj wrote:
1. Control pages seem interesting, hoping to see any information on Evertygo supporting Imperihoime on Indigo.
In the meantime, as I play with control pages, is it possible to toggle n action group using a single icon ?

If you just want to execute an Action Group, then yes - just select the Server Actions->Execute Action Group action when you click the Edit Actions button next to Server action when you have a page element selected.

dz1rfj wrote:
2. I have asked, but I have not been able to find anything on a WINK hub plugin similar to the one VERA has that exposes all win devices to vera via the software plugin. Does anyone know of any developers working on this that would solve the gap for my CASETA switches ?

Not that I know of, though one user apparently has a script that allows him to control Wink devices from Indigo.

dz1rfj wrote:
3. I successfully paired an ENERWAVE 7 Scene wall controller with Indigo, but do not appear to be able to figure out how to create the triggers. I placed a request to support, but have not heard back yet. Anyone have the steps needed ?

AFAIK, we've received no email or web request. The Enerwave 7 is not yet supported, though scene controllers are a pretty high priority.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:33 pm
dz1rfj offline

Jay,

Many thanks for the responses!

I am playing with my Imperihome pages I already have,m and the Wife likes, and tinkering using the HTTP commands to trigger the desired Indigo virtual switch.

So, I think I have tried every way to TOGGLE a virtual switch that has calls the kitchen lights.I can seem to use the virtual switch in the ios app, and I notice the state does not change. Could this by why the TOGGLE is not working for me, as the state is not updating on the virtual kitchen switch ?

Example, on the control pages, the state of the virtual switch appears to be 1, so if I press it, nothing happens. What is the best way to change the state of the virtual switch when the devices it controls turn on?

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Virtual Switches need to have their state updated by you (they don't automatically update) - so, in the action that turns ON the device, you need to add a Device Actions->Virtual Device Controls->Set Virtual On/Off Device State action to set the state to ON, and likewise in your OFF action group.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:32 pm
Different Computers offline

Is there a way to use a slider for volume or dimming?

Any way to get the iTunes album cover to appear on a control page without tortuous programming?

Lemme tell you though, much as I loved SmartTiles for SmartThings, I'm already seeing how incredibly more powerful and customizable Control Pages are!

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:23 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Any way to get the iTunes album cover to appear on a control page without tortuous programming?

Take a look here - it is AppleScript but you can pretty much cut/paste and change the paths and should be good to go...
http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3525&p=61598&hilit=iTunes+album#p61598

Not embedded in the page, but you can have it popup the slider - create a button, text, whatever you want to use for the volume state and choose the Popup Client UI controls in the "Client action" drop down.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:45 am
howartp offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

Not embedded in the page, but you can have it popup the slider - create a button, text, whatever you want to use for the volume state and choose the Popup Client UI controls in the "Client action" drop down.

Adam

How have I missed that in 2 years of using Indigo?!?

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:42 am
Londonmark offline

howartp wrote:

+1!

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:23 am
autolog offline

howartp wrote:

+1 :shock:

It works quite well in Indigo Touch (real slider). :D

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:23 am
howartp offline

If Autolog has missed it as well, I don't feel quite so bad now - he's (she's??) been around longer than I have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:01 pm
autolog offline

howartp wrote:
... he's (she's??) been around longer than I have!

I think my name (Jon) might give you a clue :!: :wink:

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:52 pm
durosity offline

autolog wrote:
howartp wrote:

Having FaceTime’d autolog on several occasions i can 100% confirm that they are in fact female. A beautiful young lass called Joni.. can’t be older than 20.. beautiful red hair, a figure that would make you cry and the most stunning green eyes on this planet.

Is it too late for an April Fools?

(Also ever noticed how there are very very few women who seem to be interested in automation. Or at least.. people who don’t hide the fact they’re women)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:02 pm
CraigM offline

Huh :!: Custom Popup sliders in Touch :?: Since when :?:

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:01 am
howartp offline

autolog wrote:
howartp wrote:

You don't always sign your name, though I do now remember it now you've mentioned it! :-)

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:21 am
RogueProeliator offline

Just to be clear, these are not really custom sliders - they come from Indigo Touch, Domotics Pad, or the web (in which case IIRC you get a non-slider, but still a selection). Simply choose a status image/text/whatever for a device state which is a built-in type. Thus, this works for devices which are on/off, dimmers, sprinklers, thermostats, etc. It will also work for plugin devices which are of these types; for instance, my Onkyo plugin implements a "dimmer" for volume control so that you can use the slider.

Anyway, once you have the status showing, choose Popup Client UI as the client action and should be good to go...

Adam