Z-wave home security - good or bad?

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:43 am
Tac offline

Re: Z-wave home security - good or bad?

Got an idea, need to check if it would work. Even if I don't manage to integrate the new DSC Neo series with Indigo, would connecting some Fibaro FGK101 sensors to the PGM outputs of the DSC controller at least allow me some basic integration such as detection when certain alarms trigger on the DSC system? I can't find the data on the Fibaro input sensor regarding the supported voltage/amperage range for the IN connector.

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:35 am
durosity offline

Z-wave home security - good or bad?

Alas I'm not sure if this is possible, I'd suspect you could trigger one of the PGMs if the alarm is tripped but I think that'd be as much as you can do. It's a shame they discontinued the non neo series, from what I've heard it seems to be quite a buggy system (according to an alarm company that was posting here a few months ago) and they were recommending avoiding it and just trying to source the older PC1864 model instead. Of course they may have been biased, perhaps they had a lot of old stock of the previous model they wanted to shift!

If it were me I'd certainly try to source the older panels, they're very reliable work horses and the plugin works well (although as you mentioned the developer has been AWOL for a while, but then he does seem to be very busy so his posts in the past have sometimes been sporadic).

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:47 pm
Tac offline

I'm afraid of possible warranty troubles down the line and they've also mentioned future modules/sensors maybe being incompatible with the old series.

If they truly were that buggy, I hope they've sorted it out by now. It's also a paid for installation and setup so they'll be liable for any problems. They do a lot of work for businesses so that gives me hope they wouldn't be selling an unreliable system.

One of their programmers will take a look at the plugin. If it's a simple modification, he may be able to make it work with the new series.
Last edited by Tac on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:27 pm
durosity offline

Hopefully so! Please keep us posted, I'm sure there'll be more people in the future wanting to use it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.