Location/Presence Detection

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:39 am
jayh391 offline

Location/Presence Detection

I am switching from HomeSeer- - I have HomeSeer set to turn on some lights if a iPhone get with X from the house. I have looked at the plugins and seen the Find My iDevices! and Smartphone Location ( I can not get either to work they lock up Indigo ) What is being used by used by others? I have used Smartthings in the past it has the "built in"

Thanks Jay

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 am
kw123 offline

Re: Location/Presence Detection

There are many options.
Ifind stuff ( successor of find my ode ices)
Smartphone
Fingscan
Pibeacon

I am using ifind pibeacon and fingscan
Ifind for rough location
Pibeacon with ibeacons for fast reaction
Fingscan to put it together with some logic and timing options. I have 2 devices on me : my iPhone and an ibeacon. If one of them is "up" I am home if both are "down" I am gone. In fingscan I set the timeout parameters and combine the devices into "events"

The issue with iPhones is that they go to sleep and then you loose connection( can be partially overcome with eg Asus router and low level connection status) ibeacons are are small always on and FAST ( they send a beacon signal every second at least. )

If you need any help just ask.
Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:48 pm
Otis offline

I'm very happy with the "Home Remote" app. It's simple and it's been !00% reliable for me. It can execute an Indigo Action whenever you leave or enter the GeoFence radius. Documentation isn't quite up to date yet, but it's easy to use once you figure it out. Ask if you have questions.

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:00 pm
jayh391 offline

What's the trick with home remote?

Jay

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:52 pm
Otis offline

No special tricks for presence detection with Home Remote. Just enter the URL for your Indigo server, and specify the GeoFence radius and the Indigo action you want to execute. Do this for entering and for leaving the monitored area.

Home Remote does a lot of other cool things, too. Features are described in the App store.

Gary says he's developing a Wiki with instructions at http://bouncingball.mobi/apps/files/Hom ... umentation. Gary hopes to finish it by Saturday or so, along with releasing version 3.0 (which the Wiki refers to).

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:35 pm
Japple55 offline

Home Remote works great with beacons too!

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:33 pm
jayh391 offline

:D

Thanks for the info! I am going to give it a try with Home remote.

Jay

Page 1 of 1