Security Spy value

Posted on
Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 am
the41stside offline

Security Spy value

Hi,

the shortest version i can give you of my problem, hopefully someone has some advice.

problem 1... the only way i can remotely access anything in my house is thru the goprism reflector service offered thru indigo. This is due to the fact that my internet is rural cellular lte and doesn't have a static ip (can't get 1) and blocks ddns with dual private ip's. I won't ever be able to fix this, have tried, and it's just not happening.

problem 2... I have ip cameras, they record locally in HD, however I need security spy to pick up a refreshing image url in order for the goprism service to be able to see my cameras from outside the house on a indigo control page.

problem 3... i can't create a refreshing image from my cams without security spy.

problem 4... this is the big problem. I'm Canadian, and with the value of our dollar right now i can't justify 80$ per camera just to look at the refreshing image url. I'll never use security spy for anything else. when I'm at home i can see my cams fine with the native Insteon app, i use the built in recording features etc.

so in a nutshell, the real problem is 80$ a camera (I have 4) just for a refreshing image about 300 x 180 pixels.

please, i need a suggestion

Posted on
Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:16 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Security Spy value

I don't know that this will address all of the issues you raised above, but it may be possible to have a Python script download images from your cameras and then save those images to a folder where Indigo can see them. The URL for images takes the form of:

file:////path_to_image_folder/image.png

of course, these will be snapshots and not moving images.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:54 pm
Tom W offline

Re: Security Spy value

I'm an Indigo newbie not sure I can help much, but a couple things ...

I also have a dynamic DNS at home but use dyn.com to create a static address (eg, yourchoice.dyn.info). Your service blocks ddns hosts like this? I've not figured out yet if I can use this type of address instead of the reflector service (I was too lazy and wanted to get up and running quickly, so I use reflector for the time being)

I use Security Spy to monitor my Axis IP cameras (and control recording). I've not trued to use it with Indigo (yet). I use the "IP Cam Viewer" app to get the video from the cameras to my iPhone or iPad. A 4 camera license for Security Spy is $118 (USD) or $30 per camera, I didn't think the exchange rate was quite that bad at the moment.

Page 1 of 1