Database corrupt HELP

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:14 pm
the41stside offline

Database corrupt HELP

Okay so I restarted my system, and now my database file is corrupt. I run TimeMachine 99.999% of the time but Ive just been moving some files to new storage devices in recent weeks and it just so happens that's how old my indigo setup is. Despite that I have put hours of work into it and it's so vital I get it back up and running. Please help.

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:07 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Database corrupt HELP

Time machine does not do indigo SQLite databases properly.
May I suggest you use indigo utilitieshttp://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=184. It has fixed 2 databases issues. (have not tested it on more situations. Talk to John from the Netherlands, he just went through it.

I also suggest strongly to use the backup utility included. It will make a copy of the database every x hours and THEN time machine will back up the copied database properly, or you can keep 1..5 copies - see config.

Karl

Kartl

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:03 am
the41stside offline

kw123 looking all of that. Sounds like excellent advice.

I've rebuilt from scratch. my time machine is running. I'll use the suggested utility to backup properly.

thanks.

good thing I was too new to have lost too much. thanks again kw123

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:03 am
kw123 offline

when you add the backup function in the utility your Time Machine backup files might grow quickly as it does a full backup of your xGByte SQLite DB every hour. You might want to go into Time Machine once a week/month and delete old sqlite backup files.

Karl

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

NOTE: The main Indigo database file isn't a SQL database - Time Machine backups of that database (stored by default in /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Databases/) are fine.

If you are using the SQLogger plugin to store logging information into a SQL database, then karl's advice is relevant.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1