FanLinc and KeypadLinc Sync

Posted on
Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:22 am
Dlucas10 offline

FanLinc and KeypadLinc Sync

Hello!

I'm trying to get input on the best way to accomplish what I'm looking to do.

We have a bedroom, that has a ceiling fan in which I installed a FanLinc for it. The room also has 2 KeypadLinc (6 Button).

What I'm looking to do:

I would like the 2 KPL to be in sync with each other. Meaning, that is I press "Fan Medium" on 1 that turns the fan on and changes the other KPL to the appropriate button.

I tried to create links, and it doesn't seem to work. I created triggers (for example, when we press Fan Medium and tells the other to turn off the LED and change to the correct one) and this seems to work, just not sure if it's the ideal way to do this.

I started looking at Python Script - which I could do with a little work, but not sure if that's the "best" way to accomplish this?

Maybe what throws the monkey wrench into the equation, is that I also use Indigo Touch to change the fan speed, and would like the buttons to updated. It would be great if Indigo could tell if Touch was used, and trigger on that - feature request?!? :lol:

Any guidance, would be appreciated! :)

Dave

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: FanLinc and KeypadLinc Sync

Triggers is your best bet, particularly given the direct command issue outlined in the multiway wiki article (the sync issue is the same with KeypadLinc buttons and the FanLinc as it is with multiple SwitchLincs). Actually, the FanLinc/KPL article is a better reference.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1