Security system that can use Z-Wave sensors on Indigo

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:28 pm
Minot offline

Security system that can use Z-Wave sensors on Indigo

Is there a security system on the market that can use the window, door, motion sensors I've configured into Indigo? I have a whole house Z-wave implementation with Indigo and need a new security system. I don't want to replace all of my door and window Z-wave sensors as all of the new security systems I've looked into require their own sensors. DSC requires their 433mhz with their encryption and same story with Honeywell. Is there a way to bridge Indigo and a security panel so the security panel uses the sensors configured in Indigo?

Open to any ideas. (Thx in advance for the help).

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:47 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Security system that can use Z-Wave sensors on Indigo

DSC requires their 433mhz with their encryption and same story with Honeywell. Is there a way to bridge Indigo and a security panel so the security panel uses the sensors configured in Indigo?

I'm not sure I would want my security system really depending upon another system to operate, but you could potentially trigger the alarm from Indigo if those fire -- most alarm systems, including the DSC panel I have -- support a "Panic Alarm" which could be triggered from the plugin. Whether or not that triggers a monitoring station call or not might depend upon the alarm configuration.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:35 am
howartp offline

Re: Security system that can use Z-Wave sensors on Indigo

I second Adam's concern. My Indigo setup has been running fine for 18 months, but the (headless) Mac stopped responding a fortnight ago and I've not had chance to sort it out yet. Two hard reboots got Indigo going again, but anything using networking (including Logmein to control the Mac, and Indigo Touch and the DSC Plugin) are off.

You could use a few regular alarm inputs on key external doors etc with a real alarm system, so if Indigo goes down you still have a core alarm - then include those alarm sensors as additional inputs to Indigo, whilst optionally using some existing Indigo devices as inputs to the alarm? Benefits both ways whilst maintaining core security. (See the thread on "wasps in a box")

Page 1 of 1