MCO Touch Panel Switch

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 pm
petematheson offline

MCO Touch Panel Switch

Anybody heard of or have one of these?

http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-mco-tou ... h-two-load

Interested to know how they perform as they work out cheaper than the fibaro units and they sort out the switching issues I have (wall boxes not deep enough, and dimmer / switches aren't the right type)

Posted on
Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:24 am
colinpartridge offline

Re: MCO Touch Panel Switch

I would have the same problem with these as with any switch unit, not dimmer, it requires a neutral at the switch position, which I don't have. But always good to see more products coming on to the market.

Colin

Posted on
Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:07 am
howartp offline

Looks interesting and I'll be keeping an eye on these.

I'd like to hope that the LEDs can be disabled by command, but I don't think so looking at the user manual.

Matt/Jay - does the manual give enough detail about command sets to suggest Indigo would be able to receive on/off commands from this - so we could use it as a 2/4-way ZWave switch regardless of loads connected?

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:10 am
howartp offline

Did anyone get any of these?

Any feedback?

Peter

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:54 am
IndigoSam offline

howartp wrote:
Did anyone get any of these?

Any feedback?

Peter

I do have one of these, the 4 switch version. I bought it from Vesternet a little while back while it was on offer (i.e. slightly less than extortionate).

It has been put on my, ah, 'projects that have not quite started yet' list. I don't know if it works with Indigo. I do know it is pretty deep, probably not normal switch and Fibaro deep, but still too deep for my pattress boxes.

Sam.

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:22 am
howartp offline

Ok.

That would be the same list as my 'started cos I'm inpatient but haven't time to finish yet' list. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:06 am
durosity offline

howartp wrote:
Ok.

That would be the same list as my 'started cos I'm inpatient but haven't time to finish yet' list. :-)

That's literally every project I start I think! 2 years since I moved into this house and there's still chunks of plasterboard cut out of the ceilings, hundreds of meters of cat6, alarm, AV and various other cables unterminated, and so many little scripts in indigo that are partially working but needs fleshing out to work fully..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:37 am
IndigoSam offline

durosity wrote:
howartp wrote:
Ok.

That's literally every project I start I think! 2 years since I moved into this house and there's still chunks of plasterboard cut out of the ceilings, hundreds of meters of cat6, alarm, AV and various other cables unterminated, and so many little scripts in indigo that are partially working but needs fleshing out to work fully..

Ah, that would be my second list. While my first list is full of items, many things have made it to the second list, to languish there for a while. Unfortunately very few items get on to my third list.

Sam.

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:44 am
IndigoSam offline

howartp wrote:
Ok.

Aye. I thinking I really should be writing some of this stuff down. If I get hit by a bus it is going to be pretty confusing for those left behind.

Was the 'feedback' question because you wanted to know if it works with Indigo, as you were thinking of getting one?

If so, I have the day off tomorrow and I have done everything I need to do for some low key event happening the day after. I can hook it up and see what happens. Something I ought to do anyway, before digging out walls and putting in bigger pattress boxes.

Sam.

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:57 am
howartp offline

Yes, basically. :-)

Is something happening the day after tomorrow?

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:01 pm
durosity offline

howartp wrote:

No, it's just a normal day. Don't forget to go to work.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:11 pm
howartp offline

durosity wrote:
howartp wrote:

No, it's just a normal day. Don't forget to go to work.

I'll probably be programming RS232 commands from home anyway, so I might as well be at work!

I'm training 10 people on some equipment on Monday 4th January (our first day back) that I didn't know about until last Wednesday. The equipment hasn't worked for 3 years and is made by a French company with no UK suppliers, so I'm liaising with tech support in part English, part-French at the moment. They want it sending back for RMA at the moment. :(

Posted on
Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:14 am
durosity offline

Oh dear, we'll try not to let it worry you and enjoy working tomorrow ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:17 am
IndigoSam offline

howartp wrote:

Right then. It is a mixed bag!

Just a reminder, mine is the four switch version of the MCO Home touch panel.

As ever with these things it was a real pain to connect up. Solid core housing wiring always being tricky on screw fittings clear meant for strand cable. As usual the wire connectors are tiny and right next to each other. The unit itself cannot take an earth connection. More importantly the unit is fitted by first screwing in a steel plate to the pattress box. Two screws are provided for this, but were too wide for standard UK surface mounts.
The unit then clips into this steel plate. Or not, took a lot of effort and the plastic didn't sound happy. Wouldn't want to be removing it and putting it back on too often. This is made more difficult because the unit is very deep. One is supposed to lever it in, but it is too deep for this. The plate probably adds another 1-2 mm of clearing, but back of unit face to back of unit is 32mm and the connection wires go into the back. It really needs a 37mm plus pattress box.
That steel plate has no earth connector.

This fixing method does allow the unit to have a flat facia and on power up each switch glows a dim orange. The touch sensitivity is good and each switch turns to bright green when on.

Syncing with z stick and Indigo duly finds it and reports 4 relay switches. Yay!

I've used it for a while and the big issue actually took a while to notice. I had to associate and define/sync a number of time initially, as sometimes the turn on/off command from Indigo would not work immediately. After that it all seemed fine until I realised that locally changing a switch was not being reflected in Indigo. Looking through the logs and Indigo was not receiving a status change for any of the switches. Bit annoying!

Sam.

Code: Select all
 Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for device "032 - Relay Switch"
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 14, 18
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - requesting neighbor list update of "032 - Relay Switch"
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - neighbor list updated from 1, 14, 18 to 1, 18, 21
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "032 - Relay Switch"
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Unknown - 015F, Relay Power Switch - 31020204
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 3.67, app version 1.00
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Relay Switch : Relay Power Switch (04 : 10 : 01, base 25)
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 60v3 25v1 86v1 27v1 8Ev1 72v1 85v1
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved multi-endpoint types: 1:(10 : 01), 2:(10 : 01), 3:(10 : 01), 4:(10 : 01)
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved multi-endpoint classes: 1:[25], 2:[25], 3:[25], 4:[25]
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: [1]
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: []
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: []
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 4 associations: []
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 5 associations: []
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - group 1 association to interface already exists (skipping)
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete
  Z-Wave                          sent "032 - Relay Switch" status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "032 - Relay Switch 2" status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "032 - Relay Switch 3" status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "032 - Relay Switch 4" status request

Code: Select all
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 1.0.354
Node ID: 32
Model: Relay Power Switch
Model ID: 31020204
Manufacturer: Unknown
Manufacturer ID: 015F
Protocol Version: 3.67
Application Version: 1.00
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 5
Class Name: Relay Power Switch
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 10 : 01
Command Class Base: 25
Command Versions: 20v1 60v3 25v1 86v1 27v1 8Ev1 72v1 85v1
Multi-Endpoint Types: 1:(10 : 01), 2:(10 : 01), 3:(10 : 01), 4:(10 : 01)
Multi-Endpoint Classes: 1:[25], 2:[25], 3:[25], 4:[25]
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, beaming
Neighbors: 1, 18, 21
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[] 3:[] 4:[] 5:[]
Config Values: - none -
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 15.46.41.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 15.46.41.png (61.41 KiB) Viewed 4236 times

Page 1 of 1