Controll single output of RGBW with FGD212 Switch 2

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:14 am
blacqui offline

Controll single output of RGBW with FGD212 Switch 2

Hi, I use a Fibaro RGBW controller to switch/dim individual LED lights. Lets say I want to control the Blue output with the secondary switch of a Fibaro FGD212 Dimmer/Switch. I thought it would be as simple as creating a ZWave association but although I cán select a specific group as the controlling device, I cannót select individual channels of the RGBW controller as a responding device. So, how should I go about setting this up?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Grtz,
Henk

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:33 pm
whmoorejr offline

Re: Controll single output of RGBW with FGD212 Switch 2

I don't use the Fibaro RGBW.... but does it show up in indigo as multiple devices? (My Zooz RGBW shows up as 9 different devices)

If so, then you could use a trigger on any change to S2 on the Fibaro switch will execute the action "match on state to device." From there, you should be able to select the Blue Channel device and match it to the Fibaro switch.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:57 am
blacqui offline

Thanks whmoorejr for your response.
The RGBW controller does indeed show up in Indigo as multiple devices: one for the Composite device and then another four, one for each color/output. These show up and can be selected individually as the 'Device' under 'Action' in the trigger configuration window. So I configured Triggers for the intended setup but it resulted in the secondary switch also switching the light that is controlled by the primary switch. This primary switch is used to control a Hue lamp also through triggers. Also in order for Indigo to receive the switch commands at all I configured the Indigo Z-Wave interface as the 'Responding Device' under all groups of my switch, which for now I presume is the correct way of doing this.

It starts to come back to me that I have tried this previously (quite a while ago when I last attempted anything). What I think happens is that although in the triggers setup the 'Trigger' as well as the 'Action' device can be set to the correct sub-device (secondary switch and Blue output respectively) Indigo doesn't seem to distinguish whether the primary or the secondary switch is activated. In the 'Trigger' set up I have tried two options: 'Device State Changed' and 'Z-Wave Command Received. However both gave the same result that for both primary and secondary switch only the action for the primary are performed.

This leaves me a bit confused :? and again in need of bright :idea:

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:02 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We need some details, so open the Event Log and control the individual device you want to trigger off of (and control any secondary devices created for that module that you do NOT want to cause a trigger). Copy/paste the Event Log window results and also explain which log lines correspond with which control action/press you did, and again describe what you want to occur for each. We'll then try to see how you can create the desired Trigger.

(also detail which Indigo device names correspond with the Indigo devices created in the group for the module).

Page 1 of 1