IFTTT and Life360 End of Lifed

Posted on
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:53 pm
petematheson offline

IFTTT and Life360 End of Lifed

Hi All,

Just received this email from IFTTT - Slightly annoying as I've just subscribed to their Pro tier so it seems they waited before sending notification!

On December 2, 2020, the Life360 service will be removed from IFTTT because the Life360 team no longer supports the service.
For alternative services, take a look at other smart hub & systems services on IFTTT.

I've been using Life360 for location updates and to control variables for when me and/or my wife are home.
Life360 had some great features like triggering when the first person enters or last person leaves a location, which was great for setting a 'somebody's home' variable.

Is there an alternative that can do something similar?

Life360 has been rock solid for me for the last 5 years or so, I'd rather not lose something so reliable

Posted on
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:43 am
durosity offline

Re: IFTTT and Life360 End of Lifed

I personally use HomeKit Bridge and have it setup with triggers for geolocation to activate virtual devices and action groups in Indigo. Works perfectly.. I have it set to turn on the kettle when I’m driving down the road to my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:41 pm
petematheson offline

Ah of course!

I've tried to set this but am running into an issue, I'm sure it's me doing something wrong.

I've created 1 Virtual On/Off Device
On activates a 'Home' Action Group, which just sets a variable I'm using to 'Home'
Off activates a 'Away' Action Group, which just sets that variable to 'Away'

I've added the On/Off Device to Indigo as a switch device.

Then in the Home App I tap to switch my location On/off, but in Indigo the device only ever switches on - never off:
Action Group Pete Home
Virtual Devices sent "Pete Location" on
Action Group Pete Home
Action Group Pete Home

Where have I buggered up? :)

Posted on
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm
ryanbuckner offline

I've created a plugin https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/256/that you can try for Life360

Posted on
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:27 am
cjp767 offline

Let me add a big thumbs up for Ryan's Life360 plugin. I've been using it for several months and it's great. The Life360 plugin checks the Life360 service periodically. When a member is within the Life360 radius of the house, I have it set a variable to TRUE. Done. Simple and effective.

Posted on
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:02 pm
ryanbuckner offline

cjp767 wrote:
Let me add a big thumbs up for Ryan's Life360 plugin. I've been using it for several months and it's great. The Life360 plugin checks the Life360 service periodically. When a member is within the Life360 radius of the house, I have it set a variable to TRUE. Done. Simple and effective.

I've love to hear more feedback and how I can improve the plugin. At some point I would like to enable multiple Circles but first it will be good to test the basic functions.

Page 1 of 1