Where to start

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:41 pm
siclark offline
Posts: 438
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
Location: UK

Re: Where to start

You should be good on high Sierra with an aeotec zwave stick. The issues are on usb but I don't believe impact that stock. I, and many others are fine on high Sierra. Possibly a problem if you use insteon bit doesn't sound like you do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:05 pm
lanbrown online
Posts: 588
Joined: Sep 26, 2017

Re: Where to start

clsanchez77 wrote:
Jay, change in subject but still relative on "Where to start". My new computer does run High Sierra and I saw the warnings on here regarding that. While I did register for my trial version, I have not yet installed it. Will I run into compatibility issues with High Sierra and Indigo? Should I postpone my trial until this is resolved?

Chris


My vote would be to install Indigo, hook the Z-wave USB stick and see what happens.

While you say wait until the issue is resolved, it is Apple that needs to resolve it. When they will resolve it is not known, it could be Mojave, it could be a later to a much later release. The issue seems more on the Insteon side than the Z-wave side and not all system are impacted. So give it a go and see what happens.

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:34 pm
Different Computers offline
User avatar
Posts: 1838
Joined: Jan 02, 2016
Location: East Coast

Re: Where to start

I've been running 10.13.6 for quite a while now, and have not had any USB issues with Z-wave or Insteon.

How long?

Code: Select all
Indigo:~ me$ uptime
20:33  up 17 days,  6:14, 2 users, load averages: 2.83 2.96 3.12


Last reboot was when I upgraded.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. 10.13.6 on an i5 MBP w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKit Bridge, MatplotLib, Plex, uniFAP, Wunderground, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Airfoil Pro, Grafana.

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:35 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Where to start

Different Computers wrote:
I've been running 10.13.6 for quite a while now, and have not had any USB issues with Z-wave or Insteon.

How long?

Code: Select all
Indigo:~ me$ uptime
20:33  up 17 days,  6:14, 2 users, load averages: 2.83 2.96 3.12


Last reboot was when I upgraded.


What Mac model are you using?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:10 pm
Different Computers offline
User avatar
Posts: 1838
Joined: Jan 02, 2016
Location: East Coast

Re: Where to start

It’s the same i5 as my sig, just updated to 10.13.6. A retina MacBook pro

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. 10.13.6 on an i5 MBP w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKit Bridge, MatplotLib, Plex, uniFAP, Wunderground, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Airfoil Pro, Grafana.

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Where to start

Different Computers wrote:
It’s the same i5 as my sig, just updated to 10.13.6. A retina MacBook pro


Exact model please. Trying to figure out it's approximate age.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:10 pm
howartp offline
Posts: 3331
Joined: Jan 09, 2014
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Where to start

Different Computers wrote:
No submit button. Z-wave Scene Controller either doesn't catch the double tap, or I have no idea how to use ZWSC.

Turn on plugin debugging and it will log any incoming button or scene commands.

Post them here and we’ll see what’s happening.

(If it doesn’t, then grab the Zwave Watcher plugin as that logs all activity from a device, not just anticipated button/scene commands)

Peter


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Different Computers offline
User avatar
Posts: 1838
Joined: Jan 02, 2016
Location: East Coast

Re: Where to start

Sorry for being vague. Retina, 13 inch, Late 2013

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP111.0146.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.16f68

I don't think it has been restarted since the 10.13.6 update. So maybe the problem that appears on reboots hasn't happened yet? I'm sure you can understand why I'm not thrilled at giving it a try.

Also, the screen is severely cracked, but I doubt that makes a difference!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. 10.13.6 on an i5 MBP w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKit Bridge, MatplotLib, Plex, uniFAP, Wunderground, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Airfoil Pro, Grafana.

Posted on
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:51 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Where to start

Different Computers wrote:
Sorry for being vague. Retina, 13 inch, Late 2013

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP111.0146.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.16f68

I don't think it has been restarted since the 10.13.6 update. So maybe the problem that appears on reboots hasn't happened yet? I'm sure you can understand why I'm not thrilled at giving it a try.

Also, the screen is severely cracked, but I doubt that makes a difference!


We've never seen it randomly fail - it either always fails or it never fails (you never saw a failure, right?), so I think you're safe. Thanks for the information, it's another data point. I have an even older MacBook Pro 13" (Mid 2010) which does fail consistently.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest