Trigger and dim lights

Posted on
Thu May 05, 2016 1:08 pm
Frakke offline

Trigger and dim lights

Hi all,

I'm possibly switching to Imdigodomo, but first I've got a question:
The thing that I want to accomplish is:

Turn light on when the motion sensor is triggered, then after 2 minutes, dim the lights from 100 to 0%
Someone already done this?

Thanks for looking into this!

Regards

Posted on
Thu May 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Trigger and dim lights

I have not done this, but I can immediately think of a way to do it:

Triggers are a thing in Indigo. Triggers can act when a sensor turns on, and they do Actions. In between there are Conditions, which your case doesn't mention, but conditions do things like "only if it's dark".

So:
Trigger
when motion sensor turns on
Action(s)
Turn light on
Dim light to 0 after 2 minutes at a speed you can set called "ramp rate". (Dimming starts after 2 minutes in this case, but how fast you go to 0 is something you can specify.)

What I don't understand is why you talk about turning on, but dimming off. But whatever, Indigo can do what you ask!

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Fri May 06, 2016 10:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Frakke wrote:
Turn light on when the motion sensor is triggered, then after 2 minutes, dim the lights from 100 to 0%

What Different Computers suggested is the easiest route to take without writing scripts. As for the dimming you can tell your devices themselves to "turn off" or "ramp down" without Indigo being part of that equation as that is a device configuration setting that you CAN replicate in Indigo but would be unnecessary coding since the device itself can be told to ramp down rather than turn off instantly.

If you change the device config it's a simple matter of a trigger that turns on the light with the option below it to "turn off automatically after X", so you set the bottom value to 2 minutes and it ramps down.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue May 10, 2016 12:40 pm
Frakke offline

Heroes!
Thanks!

Page 1 of 1