Complete conversion from Vera - Am I making the right move

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:59 pm
dz1rfj offline

Complete conversion from Vera - Am I making the right move

Hi,

2nd day toying with the software....Love the Airfoil app, awesome!

My hesitations on adopting a new platform are surrounding the following apps / features:

- Showstopper - AD2USB on a Vista 20 P. I believe this is supported, is that correct?
-Low priority - MIMO LITE relay, any plugin for this ?
- Must have great logic ability - PLEG functionality to perform really advanced logic, such as if the lux level outside is <50, and motion is detected in the garage, AND the door to the basement is opened within 1:30 of detecting motion, turn on the basement lights if not already on...can that be handled natively with the indigo condition builder?
-Integration with WINK or support for clear connect protocol ?

- iPhone locater type app. ?

- Day or Night app ? Looks like this is built in, is that right ?

- WakeUpRamp App - Wakes the kids up on schooldays only. Gradually brightens. Is there something like this ?

- Virtual MultiSwitch or Virtual Switch? Great to use as indicators on a control panel on my Imperihome ? Nice to create a single device for similar devices. Anything for this ?

- 7 Button Enerwave wall controller, great device. Is this supported ?
- Smoke Sensor
Fortress Z Siren

If I can get most of these on the new Indigo system , I would be estatic!

Thanks

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:51 pm
peteinau offline

Re: Complete conversion from Vera - Am I making the right m

As someone who moved from Vera to Indigo, I can honestly same I'm very happy with the move I made.

For the PLEG functionality, that's all in the triggers, letting you set an initial triggering event with pretty complex conditions around the place.
For iPhone location check out the plugin "iFindStuff" - viewforum.php?f=181. This will track your phone with some great integrations into other plugins for NEST and FING that you should check out.
Day or Night is built in already
Virtual Devices you can use for the virtual switches, which have action groups on their own.

The other pieces of hardware I'll leave others to answer as I'm not sure about them.

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:37 pm
mlooss offline

MIMO Lite is supported and does not require any plugin, I use one to operate my garage door and it works great.

I believe the Nest Protect Smoke Sensor is supported via a plugin..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:22 pm
GD1210 offline

Go for it, Vera is unstable and pleg to be honest is an over complex rubbish plug in that if Vera had a couple more features you wouldn't need anyway. Pleg basically caused my Vera edge to be a worthless paperweight at a time I really needed it all to work.

I am a controls and automation engineer in an industrial environment so know what control systems should be like.

I've been round the houses trying to find a hardware based solution like Vera, BeNext, Fibaro etc but I've hit a brick wall every time.

Indigo does a very good job at home automation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:31 am
Seeker offline

dz1rfj wrote:
- iPhone locater type app. ?

Home Remote IOS app does the GEO stuff quite elegantly. When I enter/exit a geofence, I have it run an action to set a home/away variable.

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:39 am
johnpolasek offline

If you have any Z-wave locks, you will have to keep the Vera around and use the VeraBridge just for that... but I agree that complex actions are pretty easy to set up using triggers, and if you know Python or Applescript, you can pretty much "fit an elephant".

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:07 pm
dz1rfj offline

All - Thanks for the input yesterday! I will continue reading, and swapping a few devices over each night.

Anyone hear about a wink app/plugin for indigo that will talk to my clear connect caseta switches ? Not sure how that app on vera works with just software, but it allows my vera edge to talk to the wink hub, and expose all wink devices.. pretty handy little plugin,

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:53 pm
GD1210 offline

My Vera is going back. To say it's crap is an understatement.

The only system that gets praise fully is indigo. Unless you want to spend a lot of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1