Little Snitch Warning

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 6:25 am
DaveL17 offline

Little Snitch Warning

Lately, I have been periodically receiving a warning from Little Snitch that the code signature for 'ping' is invalid (code signature mismatch) and I wanted to provide an explanation of what's going on. This error has only appeared for me in development and not on my production Indigo server. If you don't use the Thingspeak plugin, you can safely ignore what follows.

If the Thingspeak plugin is unable to contact the Thingspeak server, the plugin will send a ping to Google periodically to test for internet connectivity. This is the only reason that 'ping' is used within the plugin.

I don't believe that Little Snitch should be raising this warning and have reached out to their tech support to investigate. The warning message will be on top of whatever is showing on the screen, and the only option given is to Deny All Connections. Do not deny all connections. Instead, move the warning window to one side and select "Stop Network Filter" from the Little Snitch menu. Then (IMMEDIATELY) select "Start Network Filter" from the same menu. Everything should be back to normal.

It's more than likely that you'll never see this warning, but I wanted to report what's going on.

To be clear, when I run ping from any other location on my development machine, there is no Little Snitch warning and I don't believe this issue is a threat.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 10:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Little Snitch Warning

We've also recently seen some over-aggressive Little Snitch stuff... :roll:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Little Snitch Warning

Thanks JAY. :wink:

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1