Pollen Counts

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 am
jenwill1 offline

Pollen Counts

FYI

I moved into a new area and found out I'm allergic to Cedar ! I looked for the information in WeatherUnderground... which was there in the website so I googled it and ran across this.

Not sure if pollen counts are something folks want in this plugin..

Here is the webpage that has the API calls to pollen.com in case anyone is interested

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/p ... ed/18905/7

Thanks for the great plugin Dave !

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:00 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Pollen Counts

Thanks for the kind words!

Weather Underground makes a fair amount of information available via the web and its own app(s) with respect to air quality, but--due to its own licensing agreement to use this data--is unable to make it available via the API. There's been other requests for it but alas, it's not there to share.

I took a look at the reference URL from the link you posted and it's not clear to me how the API is accessed. I poked around their site, but didn't see any references to the API or documentation, either. I wonder if it may be behind the registration wall (I didn't register) or if someone reverse engineered it. I also found a package for interacting with the API using Python, but the package is Python 3 only. So it looks like getting the data into Indigo would require a ground-up implementation.

I think this is a non-starter for the WUnderground plugin, but you might be able to find someone here that's willing to write a script or simple plugin. Good luck with your quest! :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:30 pm
jenwill1 offline

Hey thanks for your thoughts on the topic.

I registered to see what was there and only found a web browser app. No other details to be found !

You look for stuff like this when its 23 outside and golf course is closed !

Thanks again for the reply.

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:18 pm
DaveL17 offline

jenwill1 wrote:
You look for stuff like this when its 23 outside and golf course is closed !

I know that's true! Around here, it's pretty much April to October. I'll only play if it's going to be 50° or better within the first four holes. I had one magical year (2008 I think) where I got to play local at least once in all 12 months--which included February 29th. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1