Device State Values

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 pm
jenwill1 offline

Device State Values

Dave,

Using a trigger for when the Weatherunderground device state "observation time" changes, I'm trying to "Insert Device State into Variable (Variable Actions)" i.e. humidity and dew point values into a variable. When I click the "Edit Action Settings" dialogue box I get the following error.

getConfigUiValuesFromPlugin2() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- plugin Action Collection is not enabled
Error (client) getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- plugin Action Collection is not enabled
Error (client) dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

The use case for this is limiting false triggers are my outdoor security cameras when the temp is at the dewpoint....

Thanks !

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:48 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Device State Values

Sorry you are having trouble. I've tried to recreate the issue you're experiencing, but I'm unable to. What's even more interesting is that I have another user who had a similar problem with the Matplotlib plugin and I haven't made changes to either plugin for months. I'm now starting to wonder if the issue isn't being caused by another plugin that's somehow hung up.

Please disable all your plugins, re-enable the WUnderground plugin and see if you're still having the problem.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, that error generally means that there's a plugin that's misbehaving and causing other things to get hung up. Try disabling other 3rd party plugins (except WUnderground of course) and see if stopping one of them solves the issue. If you find one, let us know.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:43 pm
jenwill1 offline

I stopped and started each one at a time. Did not find a culprit ! I restarted the server Sith only Cynical Spy and Wunderground... worked. I restarted all the other plugins and still works.

Thanks for the suggestions and quick response guys !

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 pm
DaveL17 offline

Good deal. If you see the behavior again, see if you can determine what process is causing the bottleneck using Activity Monitor. If you need some pointers on how to do that, let me know.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1