Wind speed value

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:51 am
MarcoGT offline

Wind speed value

Hi,

I am using WUnderground plugin to fetch data to populate a control page.
I also receive alerts (at the moment only in logs, maybe later also on the control page).
In the alerts the wind speed is correct (for example, at the moment it is around 60 km/h, yes, 60, very windy these days).
What I do not understand is why in the control page I see only 9...which measure unit it is? In the device setting I set km/h, but maybe I did something wrong.

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:26 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Wind speed value

Sorry you're having troubles.

I pass along the data without doing any math on it, so I suspect it may be what we are receiving from Weather Underground. That said, I'd like to confirm that. Please post or PM your location to me so that I can look at the data WU is providing.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:35 am
MarcoGT offline

Hello, my location is Hamburg, Germany

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:43 am
MarcoGT offline

Now on the website I read 100 km/h, but with plugins, (Wind Speed value) tells me 15.2

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:51 pm
DaveL17 offline

Via the XML for Hamburg, I'm seeing wind of 37, gusting to 65. Not sure why the web would show 100.

Posted on
Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:13 am
MarcoGT offline

Ok, but if I select "wind speed" inside the device I get "6"...why?

Posted on
Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:22 am
DaveL17 offline

The plugin itself is reporting the value that is being sent from the Weather Underground site. It doesn't change that value in any way. If that value seems inaccurate, there may be something wrong with the reporting site.

Also, within the device states, there is a value which shows the last time the data was updated -- this represents the last time the site provided data to Weather Underground (not the last time the plugin received data.) this will give an idea of how old the data are.

Lastly, there is one more device state which will show if the data are estimated. If the value is true, Weather Underground is providing its best guess of the weather conditions. This may not be accurate in your case.

Alas, if you are receiving data and it is updating at the frequency you specified within the plugin, there isn't anything that I can do. The plugin is merely reporting what it receives.

Good luck!
Dave

Page 1 of 1