Weather Underground Plugin

Posted on
Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:34 pm
artpics offline

Re: Weather Underground Plugin

when i go to configure it freezes indigo for about 30 seconds then i get this in the log.

Code: Select all
  Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground for request UiGetValues1
  Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground for request CallPluginFunc
  Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Posted on
Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:44 pm
Korey offline

When Trying to enable the plugin, or try to configure, no dialog box pops up for configuration and hangs indigo for a bit:

Mar 21, 2014 3:40:10 PM
  Enabling plugin "Wunderground 0.3.1"
  Starting plugin "Wunderground 0.3.1" (pid 4221)
  Started plugin "Wunderground 0.3.1"
  Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground for request UiGetValues1
  Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground for request CallPluginFunc
  Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
  Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiGetValues1 (waiting for CallPluginFunc)

--
Korey

Posted on
Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 pm
DaveL17 offline

@artpics and @korey:

Unfortunately, I can't recreate your errors. What version of Indigo are you running?

I have only tested the plugin with Indigo 6 and can't guarantee that it's backward compatible.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:15 pm
DaveL17 offline

[EDIT] Wunderground Plugin v0.3.2 is now available. This version of the plugin:

- Fixed bug with icon names.
- Fixed float conversion exception (convStr).
- Provision for day/night and all-day icon names.
- Expanded debug message logging.

When you download and install this new version, it is important to do the following:

1. open each Wunderground device you have created.
2. select Edit Device Settings.
3. select Save. (you don't need to change any settings.)

This will refresh the device states to ensure that it has new states available.
Last edited by DaveL17 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:18 pm
DaveL17 offline

@colinpartridge:

I have tested v0.3.2 with your PWS and the plugin now runs error-free (for me.) Please follow the instructions above and let me know if it doesn't do for you likewise.

Dave

Posted on
Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:39 pm
DaveL17 offline

jalves wrote:
Thanks! Found out that I could select the Anvil plan with History at the Developer level for no cost so I did that. Got to allow for future expansion!

Jeff

Now I do too. Thanks for the tip!

Posted on
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 pm
Korey offline

DaveL17 wrote:
@artpics and @korey:

Unfortunately, I can't recreate your errors. What version of Indigo are you running?

I have only tested the plugin with Indigo 6 and can't guarantee that it's backward compatible.

Indigo 6.0.11
OSX 10.8.5

Unfortunately still seeing the error after upgrading to 0.3.2

I have never seen the configuration dialog box to be able to enter my API key. Indigo just hangs for 30 seconds or so each time starting or stoping.

:?:

Mar 21, 2014 8:31:19 PM
  Error                           process (pid 4221) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
  Stopped plugin "Wunderground"
  Upgrading plugin "Wunderground" to newer version 0.3.2 (previous version moved to trash)
  Loading plugin "Wunderground 0.3.2"
  Starting plugin "Wunderground 0.3.2" (pid 6466)
  Stopping plugin "Wunderground" (pid 4221)

Mar 21, 2014 8:31:19 PM
  Error                           process (pid 4221) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
  Stopped plugin "Wunderground"
  Upgrading plugin "Wunderground" to newer version 0.3.2 (previous version moved to trash)
  Loading plugin "Wunderground 0.3.2"
  Starting plugin "Wunderground 0.3.2" (pid 6466)
  Started plugin "Wunderground 0.3.2"
  Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiGetValues1 (waiting for CallPluginFunc)

--
Korey

Posted on
Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:21 am
colinpartridge offline

DaveL17 wrote:
@colinpartridge:

I have tested v0.3.2 with your PWS and the plugin now runs error-free (for me.) Please follow the instructions above and let me know if it doesn't do for you likewise.

Dave

Thanks Dave, installed new version and all appears to be Ok, many thanks

Colin

Posted on
Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:35 am
colinpartridge offline

Just noticed a small error. When the Download Interval field is set to Standard the temperature unit is correct ie "F" . However if the option is set to Metric the value is correct but the unit remains "F" rather than "C".

cheers

Colin

Posted on
Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:04 am
DaveL17 offline

@artpics and @korey:

Based on my research, it seems like those errors might indicate that the Indigo Server can't communicate reliably with the plugin for some reason. Matt and Jay have suggested that rerunning the Indigo installer can clear up these types of errors in some instances.

I've asked them to pop over to this thread and provide any suggestions they might have.

Dave

Posted on
Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 am
DaveL17 offline

colinpartridge wrote:
Just noticed a small error. When the Download Interval field is set to Standard the temperature unit is correct ie "F" . However if the option is set to Metric the value is correct but the unit remains "F" rather than "C".

cheers

Colin

Actually, you noticed two small errors. :D

First, is the F/C issue. That will be fixed in the next version.

The second is that the control itself was mislabeled and shouldn't have been called "Download Interval". This too will be fixed in the next version.

Dave

Posted on
Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:26 pm
DaveL17 offline

@artpics and @korey:

I've talked with Matt and think he's isolated the problem. It was a problem with my code and not with Indigo.

EDIT: A new version of the plugin (v0.3.3) is now available. In addition to (hopefully) getting rid of this nasty bug, v0.3.3 also:

- Improves internal logic.
- Refines Trigger and Control Page Labels.
- Fixes mislabeled device setup menu.
- Fixes mislabeled UI temperature units.

Please report back to let me know if you are able to install and use the plugin. Sorry for the hassles.
Dave

Posted on
Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:35 pm
artpics offline

Latest version is okay i have only 1 device so far and it is reporting temp will get more involved tonight.

Posted on
Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:54 pm
colinpartridge offline

Thanks for the updated plugin. So sorry but I'm still getting "F" units shown with the metric units chosen. Any ideas?

Colin

Posted on
Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:32 pm
DaveL17 offline

artpics wrote:
Latest version is okay i have only 1 device so far and it is reporting temp will get more involved tonight.

Sweet. Glad to hear that this has worked for you.

Dave