Weather Underground Plugin

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 1:14 am
colinpartridge offline

Re: Weather Underground Plugin

Hi haavarda
Assuming that you are running the latest version 0.3.4 of the plugin, check that the units are set to Metric in the Wunderground device settings.

Colin

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 5:50 am
DaveL17 offline

haavarda wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for your plugin. I have just started to use it, and it appears to be very good!
I have one ting I find strange.
When I try to export the HI and LOW temperatures to a variable I get the value in F instead of C. The current temperature is reported in C. Any thoughts?

regards

Hello haavarda - thanks for the kind words.

In order to understand your problem, I need a little bit more information. How are you exporting the value to a variable? It would help if you could include any relevant Python or AppleScript code as well.

Thanks @Colin for chiming in--I presume that you see forecast values in C as expected?

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 5:58 am
colinpartridge offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Thanks @Colin for chiming in--I presume that you see forecast values in C as expected?

Dave

I am seeing the correct values now thanks. I noticed I'm getting the following error before parsing ( every 15 mins).. but I'm ignoring it.
Code: Select all
  Error                           device "Wunderground" state key alertStatus not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Wunderground" state key alertDescription not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Wunderground" state key alertMessage not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Wunderground" state key alertExpires not defined (ignoring update request)
  Wunderground                    Weather Underground data parsed successfully.

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 6:09 am
Vaillant offline

Hi,

Thanks so much for this plugin. Finally accurate weather for the place where I live (Europe/Belgium).

The plugin works fine but occasionally it throws up this error:
Wunderground                    Weer Balen: pws:IANTWERP23
  Wunderground Error              Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 203, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 221-222: ordinal not in range(128)

Wunderground Error              plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

This results in a mail from Wunderground giving me a 'wunderground API usage alert'.
Reloading the plugin immediately gives the same error.
Have to wait a while before it wil work again.

Hate the ascii-encoding problem here in Europe.
Hope you have a solution?

Greetings,
Adrian

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 6:20 am
DaveL17 offline

colinpartridge wrote:
DaveL17 wrote:

Dave

I am seeing the correct values now thanks. I noticed I'm getting the following error before parsing ( every 15 mins).. but I'm ignoring it.
  Error                           device "Wunderground" state key alertStatus not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Wunderground" state key alertDescription not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Wunderground" state key alertMessage not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Wunderground" state key alertExpires not defined (ignoring update request)
  Wunderground                    Weather Underground data parsed successfully.

Please open each weather device, select Edit Device Settngs, and then select Save (you needn't change any settings.) That should solve the problem. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 6:47 am
DaveL17 offline

Vaillant wrote:
Hi,

Thanks so much for this plugin. Finally accurate weather for the place where I live (Europe/Belgium).

The plugin works fine but occasionally it throws up this error:
Wunderground                    Weer Balen: pws:IANTWERP23
  Wunderground Error              Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 203, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 221-222: ordinal not in range(128)

Wunderground Error              plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

This results in a mail from Wunderground giving me a 'wunderground API usage alert'.

Greetings,
Adrian

Thanks for the kind words. This should be an easy fix. I will try to post an updated version of the plugin tonight (North American night, that is.)

To help me isolate the offending code, can you please let me know what version of the plugin you are using?

Best to disable it until I post a fix as the plugin is making a call to Weather Underground every time it tries to reload.

Thanks.

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 7:20 am
colinpartridge offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Please open each weather device, select Edit Device Settngs, and then select Save (you needn't change any settings.) That should solve the problem. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Hi Dave
Did as you suggested but I'm still getting the errors. I could always delete the device and add a new one.

Colin

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 9:38 am
Vaillant offline

Hi,
To help me isolate the offending code, can you please let me know what version of the plugin you are using?

I'm on version 0.3.3.
Thanks for the help.

Greetings,
Adrian

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 10:14 am
haavarda offline

DaveL17 wrote:
haavarda wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for your plugin. I have just started to use it, and it appears to be very good!
I have one ting I find strange.
When I try to export the HI and LOW temperatures to a variable I get the value in F instead of C. The current temperature is reported in C. Any thoughts?

regards

Hello haavarda - thanks for the kind words.

In order to understand your problem, I need a little bit more information. How are you exporting the value to a variable? It would help if you could include any relevant Python or AppleScript code as well.

Dave

Hi,
Thanks for your help.
I have set the settins to C. And as I mentioned other values like current temperature is presented in C.
I am as of now only exporting the values to a variable with the built in function in indigo.
Trigger when High Today has any change. Action is insert device state into variable. So I am not using any scripts.

Another question is how I can get the condition represented as an icon. Is that described somewhere? I have only found some scripts and information that is from 2011 i think...

regards

Håvard

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm
DaveL17 offline

@haavarda - I have figured out what was causing the celcius forecast to come through as fahrenheit. The plugin was downloading the metric forecast properly, but this value was then being instantly overwritten with fahrenheit values.

This will be fixed in v0.3.5.

Sorry for the trouble.
Dave

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 6:29 pm
DaveL17 offline

@Colin:

Please do me a favor and inspect the custom states for one of your weather devices--do you see blocks of states for:

alertDescription[1-4]
alertExpires[1-4]
alertMessage[1-4]
alertStatus[1-4]

Thanks,
Dave

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 6:59 pm
DaveL17 offline

Vaillant wrote:

Greetings,
Adrian

I think I've determined what's causing the problem. I'll be making v0.3.5 available as soon as possible which will (hopefully) address it.

Dave

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 8:00 pm
DaveL17 offline

Version 0.3.5 is now available. This update:
- Fixes a bug that caused metric forecasts to be overwritten by fahrenheit values.
- Fixes a bug that caused some installations to fail on ascii encoding.

As always, please post questions and problems here.
Dave

Posted on
Fri May 02, 2014 12:23 am
colinpartridge offline

DaveL17 wrote:
@Colin:

Please do me a favor and inspect the custom states for one of your weather devices--do you see blocks of states for:

alertDescription[1-4]
alertExpires[1-4]
alertMessage[1-4]
alertStatus[1-4]

Thanks,
Dave

HI Dave,
Yes I do. Obviously I don't see the errors if I turn off debugging, sorry I forgot to mention that.

Colin

Posted on
Fri May 02, 2014 1:32 am
haavarda offline

DaveL17 wrote:
@haavarda - I have figured out what was causing the celcius forecast to come through as fahrenheit. The plugin was downloading the metric forecast properly, but this value was then being instantly overwritten with fahrenheit values.

This will be fixed in v0.3.5.

Sorry for the trouble.
Dave

It works now. Thank your for the update. My HI/LOW are now presented in C.
Can you or someone else point me in the right direction on how to show weather icons with data from Wunderground?

regards

Håvard

Page 4 of 56 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 56