Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Posted on
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:36 am
MartinG offline

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Same here. Everything is up to date for me. Haven't noticed any recent drop outs either.

Posted on
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:40 am
petematheson offline

When I tried using Indigo to switch the heating off, it wasn't changing, so I restarted the plugin, re-created the devices which then worked - but now today I've got a failed device showing.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 15.39.07.png
Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 15.39.07.png (88.55 KiB) Viewed 20637 times

Posted on
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:58 pm
CliveS offline

I get the Ev Loc: failure quite a bit, I just ignore it now as it does not stop my radiators changing every hour if required.

Just wish Honeywell would admit they failed with their European server and would release a local API so we don't get left having to manually adjust the rads when it all fails for 7 hours as it did a few months back or the constant "down for maintenance" but apart from that I find the plugin is very stable.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:07 pm
neilk offline

It is a feature :D
My has always had that additional device but for Evohome you can just ignore it, it does not impact the operation.

Posted on
Sat May 23, 2020 12:44 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Plugin

Somehow I lost the plugin and cannot find where to download a new copy. Not in the store and I cannot get in to Nick's website. Anybody know where I can get the plugin?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sat May 23, 2020 4:08 pm
CliveS offline

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat May 23, 2020 6:34 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I got to the site but it is flagged as being insecure. I bypassed the warning and then got “Honeywell.indigoPlugin” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. I know Nick is a great developer and I am extremely grateful for his Sonos and Honeywell plugins. How do others feel about the security warnings?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:00 pm
bbbullock offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
I got to the site but it is flagged as being insecure. I bypassed the warning and then got “Honeywell.indigoPlugin” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. I know Nick is a great developer and I am extremely grateful for his Sonos and Honeywell plugins. How do others feel about the security warnings?

My Honeywell plugin has stopped working...gives me the "plugin stopped" error message for the devices. I'm working with v0.5.1.

I've tried reloading/restarting the plugin. I've tried creating new devices....which it will not let me do I'd like to try deleting and reloading the plugin...but cannot find a fresh copy of it on the web. Has anyone had luck finding a copy on the cloud somewhere?

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2022 9:52 am
CliveS offline

Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API update to Python3?

I am wondering if this plugin is going to be updated to Python 3 as it seems to be in use but quite a few people.
I did try to put it through the 2to3 python converted but it failed to convert with errors.

CliveS

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2022 7:24 am
howartp offline

I understand that Nick is intending updating the plugin for Py3.

Failing that I’ll look at refreshing/starting over with my old plugin that pre-dates Nick having official access to Honeywell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2022 8:53 am
CliveS offline

Thanks Peter, it is the one plugin I could not do without and I am sure that you would get a plugin working if he does not.

CliveS

Posted on
Sun May 15, 2022 2:25 pm
nlagaros offline

CliveS wrote:
Thanks Peter, it is the one plugin I could not do without and I am sure that you would get a plugin working if he does not.

I will be working on this as soon as I'm done with the Sonos plugin updates. I'm about 1/2 way with that. These plugins have quite a few external dependencies so it is taking longer than anticipated.

The plugin should continue to work with the latest version of Indigo - mine does, however I am running the server on an older machine with MacOS 10.13.6.

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:52 am
CliveS offline

howartp wrote:
I understand that Nick is intending updating the plugin for Py3.

Failing that I’ll look at refreshing/starting over with my old plugin that pre-dates Nick having official access to Honeywell.

Peter, it now seems like Nick is not going to update the Honeywell plugin, I know that you and several others have Evohome TRV's, just wondering if you have updated your plugin to cover the update to python3 and what others are going to do, stick at 2022.2 or move to another TRV like the Shelly.

CliveS

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:35 am
neilk offline

I will be sticking with Evohome and happy to help Peter or anyone else in either upgrading the existing one, the older one (that worked perfectly from Peter) or the scripts I originally used.

Neil

Posted on
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:26 pm
howartp offline

Just popping my head up out the water.

Finished my last show on Saturday so starting to catch up on things.

Back soon.