Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

Posted on
Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:48 am
neilk offline

Re: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort API

I am doing some work on this but it will unfortunately only be the Evohome part of this so it won’t be a direct replacement for the existing plugin.
Neil

Posted on
Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:12 pm
bbbullock offline

neilk wrote:
I am doing some work on this but it will unfortunately only be the Evohome part of this so it won’t be a direct replacement for the existing plugin.
Neil

Is anyone else working on the Honeywell part or have a good alternative to this app?

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:46 am
neilk offline

I am making some decent progress on this but 90% my poor skills and 10% trying to update someone else's code mean it is taking a little while. I have now managed to switch this across to use the public domain library which is close but not identical, and resolved the issues over rate limits in the API that didn't exist when I last played with it. Just working through sorting the actions ( it has lots) but confident I can get this done now, with hopefully a beta before next weekend.

Unfortunately an equivalent drop in does not exist for the Honeywell wifi thermostat and I don't have the skills to develop against it without my own system even if it did. I did find https://github.com/kk7ds/somecomfort which looks like it may be the basis if someone was minded to look into it.

I will create a new Python 3 Evohome plugin and future posts will be in that yet to be requested forum.

Neil