Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:05 am
kennybroh offline

Re: Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

I'm not sure I understand one aspect of this. I can see how the slider images could reflect the volume level, but I'm not sure how to actually use the slider itself on the control page to change the volume. Are you saying the initial image is really a series of overlapping images where each segment generates a different volume level and the heuristics change the group of images to position the slider?

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:47 am
RogueProeliator offline

The way you describe is one possible implementation (though rather than overlapping, I would butt up against each other, though doesn't matter...) The method you describe allows you to click on the fake slider to set a volume level.

Other method is that the images are the full slider, one for each discrete level that you want to show; in this case the image itself isn't clickable, so you provide describe labels that are clickable below it or up/down buttons on the side, or both.

OBVIOUSLY, this isn't the same as a slider nor as nice. Matt & Jay have had that enhancement request before but as you have probably seen, Indigo Touch is the current focus. The way to get the "real" slider in Indigo Touch is that you have to basically pretend to be a dimmer; the plugin "support" structure I have in place doesn't do that. It could be added but I don't have the time now to undertake that.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:12 pm
kennybroh offline

So I was not mistaken-- the volume control for My TX-NR414 is not working. Mute work fine, but no volume up or down. Any ideas.

Kenny

Posted on
Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:58 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Have you tried both the UP/DOWN and the direct setting (to a specific volume)? Strange that your other three are working fine but this one fails... I just double checked the protocol document, which includes the TX-414 and it only shows that one command for the Master volume.

You might turn debug on to High, enable debugging, and attempt to change the volume... see if we get any useful info.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:39 am
Coolcaper offline

I have been trying to determine the Powered On status and looking at the device status I get the connectionState = Connected, isConnected = true and isPoweredOn = true all the time, even though the receiver is on standby at present thereby no triggers happening!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 5.35.14 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 5.35.14 pm.png (15.86 KiB) Viewed 4648 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:42 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Kenny -- I may have found a way to allow a dimmer device based on coming across how nsheldon is doing it with the Pioneer receiver. I'm going to look into this (basically, a virtual dimmer device is created for volume control) and will let you know.

Coolcaper - I found the issue... it was seeing the receiver as on with any power (including standby) and so I have flipped that to only be "on" if it is at full power. Will have a fix published soon.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:52 pm
petematheson offline

Hi,
Any news on the fix for the power on / off? I'm seeing the same issue here on my TX-NR616.
Other than that, everything else seems to work OK, including Volume (the +/-1db didn't work, but the general up/down does)

Posted on
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:23 am
kennybroh offline

Have you updated the plug-in? The Volume still doesn't work on two of my receivers.

Appreciate all your work.

Posted on
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:29 am
RogueProeliator offline

Hey guys, I don't think I ever ended up publishing out the changes... I'll do some QA on it tonight and if all is working will go ahead and update. There are two volume commands -- they move different levels (that being the Up and Up 1 dB style), but not all receivers support both. Did you try both methods?

Adam

Posted on
Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:27 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I just posted the update... this won't address the volume not controlling, Kenny, but includes the ability to send multiple volume commands via one action (e.g. Volume Up x5 for a large step up in volume from one key press/action).

A couple of questions/tests for you, Kenny, if you would -- just to confirm, neither the Volume Up or the 1db Volume Up work on the TX-NR414? What about directly setting volume to a value? And you mentioned two receivers not working, are they both TX-NR414 models?

Adam

Posted on
Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:03 am
petematheson offline

Thanks for the update Adam - I can confirm this now reports back the isPoweredOn state properly for a TX-NR616.

One very minor thing is that the status in Indigo shows the state as "true" - I'm assuming that's defaulting to the 'isConnected' state. It'd be nice if that was linked to the isPoweredOn state.
Unless I can change that here somehow? (I'm new to Indigo)

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:15 am
RogueProeliator offline

It really should be reading Connected or Unavailable based upon, as you guessed, the connection state to the device itself. I updated it to use the text-based UI state but either changing the state to display in the Devices XML doesn't affect existing devices or I have a small bug in the code.

At any rate, I personally like to see the connection state as it tells me that any information I see is no longer valid, but I can see how others may want the on/off state in the list as well. I guess it all depends on how you are viewing it (Mac Client, Indigo Touch, HousePad). I may be able to make that a configurable setting by device, I'll look into it.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:42 am
kennybroh offline

OK, sorry for the delay, but I've tested it now, and Volume Up and Volume Down do work but 1db does not. So that is an improvement to be sure.

So far I've only tested with the one TX-414.

Posted on
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:32 am
kennybroh offline

Here's the debug dump when I try to do a Volume up 1db:

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 2 command(s) waiting
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: MVLUP1
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Send command completed.
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: (('master-volume', 'volume'), 'N/A')
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: MVLQSTN
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Send command completed.
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: (('master-volume', 'volume'), '29')
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Found response match: deviceMasterVolumeQuery
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state 'masterVolumeLevel' to '41'

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:59 pm
pereza1 offline

Hello,

I would like to request (or at least a programmatic workaround) to toggle the ZONE2 trigger output.

On my TX-NR709 receiver, I have the ZONE2 trigger output connected to my external amp, which turns when a +12v is detected (external amp is fed by the 709's pre-amp outs).

There is no such thing as a MAIN/ZONE1 trigger output :(

Please advise.

Thanks!