Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:33 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

Rocco:

Man, I sincerely apologize, I hadn't flagged this to follow up as I read it at work and thus completely forgot to address your issues...

I can't seem to get Zone 2 control to work. Here's what I get when I try a volume change through the virtual volume control:

I found the issue here and it will be fixed with the next release, hopefully this evening...

On/Off toggling through indigo touch results in this :
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Execute action called for non-managed action id: Toggle

That was an omission on my part, the Onkyo doesn't define a toggle for the mute command, but I can certainly put one in looking at the current state. I will do that for (hopefully) tonight's release.

Again, apologize for the delay in getting back with you!

Adam

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:06 pm
Rocco offline

Thanks Adam!

I actually tied directly in to the main device and am successfully controlling it there- so I think I'm covered.. But I do want to reiterate, that this plug-in is very much appreciated! I don't think I would have bothered putting a 2nd zone into my house if it wasn't available.

Thanks!!

Posted on
Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:36 am
CraftGeek offline

Hi Adam,

Just updated to the v1.6.15 Release and I still have not found a way to sense and trigger on a power state of standby. The only trigger that I can find that relates is "Is Powered On", and its available values are true, false or any change.

Should I try to reconfigure the Onkyo to not go to standby?

Sean

Sean

Posted on
Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:35 am
RogueProeliator offline

Just updated to the v1.6.15 Release and I still have not found a way to sense and trigger on a power state of standby. The only trigger that I can find that relates is "Is Powered On", and its available values are true, false or any change.

I added to the release notes, but didn't post back here, sorry -- the isPoweredOn state now should be "true" for actual power on and "false" for both Standby and Off. I changed the UI value of that to be "Standby", but the actual value should be false. It works perfectly for mine.

If yours is staying true in standby mode, turn on High debugging and go to the menu option for "Send Arbitrary Command" and send
Code: Select all
PWRQSTN
and post the event log details for that.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:05 pm
CraftGeek offline

So, I noticed after the update that the device showed standby whether the Onkyo was on or not.

At this point I deleted the device and recreated it thinking that the old device created under the old plugin carried baggage. The new device now shows false instead of standby. But it too never changes state to powered on. when the Onkyo powers on.

With the Onkyo powered on, I set the plugin to debug and issues the command you suggested. The only log entry accosted with this action was
Jun 7, 2015, 5:58:09 PM
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Execute action called for non-managed action id: SendArbitraryCommand

Should I completely purge the plugin then reinstall and try again?
If so, where are all the files?

Sean

Posted on
Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:21 pm
RogueProeliator offline

With the Onkyo powered on, I set the plugin to debug and issues the command you suggested. The only log entry accosted with this action was
Jun 7, 2015, 5:58:09 PM
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Execute action called for non-managed action id: SendArbitraryCommand

Hmm, that is not the expected debug output... it should not be logged as a non-managed action; here is what it looks like in the log executed from my Onkyo:

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: PWRQSTN
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Send command completed.
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: ('system-power', 'standby')
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Found response match: devicePowerQuery
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state 'isPoweredOn' to 'False' with UIValue 'Standby'
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function updateVirtualMasterVolume
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Setting Master Volume Virtual Controller brightness to 26

Should I completely purge the plugin then reinstall and try again?
If so, where are all the files?

Perhaps as I can't explain the above -- maybe get a clean start and go from there. You could make sure that you don't have two versions of the plugin around (even named different things). Elsewise, you could delete the plugin:
  1. Delete devices
  2. Disable the plugin
  3. Stop Indigo Server
  4. Remove the plugin from the file system; this is usually in the directory something like "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins (Disabled)/"
  5. Start the server back up and ensure the plugin menu does not show the plugin
  6. Install normally

Posted on
Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:34 pm
CraftGeek offline

Thanks.

I'll try that when I get home this evening.

Sean

Posted on
Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:56 pm
CraftGeek offline

I think that did it.

UI says standby but isPowerdOn says false.

Product of the PWRQSTN command:
Jun 8, 2015, 5:51:46 PM
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Plugin preferences updated
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received w/o Command: ('net-usb-play-status', 'Sxx')
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received w/o Command: ('net-usb-play-status', 'Sxx')
  Z-Wave                          received "018 - Mstr Bath Sink 2 Temperature" sensor update to 22 °C
  Z-Wave                          received "018 - Mstr Bath Sink 2 Temperature" status update battery level 99%
  Z-Wave                          received "018 - Mstr Bath Sink 2 Temperature" status update battery level 99%
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: PWRQSTN
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: ('system-power', 'standby')
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Found response match: devicePowerQuery
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Update state 'isPoweredOn' to 'False' with UIValue 'Standby'
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Effect execution: Calling function updateVirtualMasterVolume

Thanks!

Sean

Posted on
Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:32 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I think that did it.
UI says standby but isPowerdOn says false.

Yup, that sounds right... let me know if it has troubles in the future -- not sure how the plugin got hosed like that before , but glad it is working now!

Posted on
Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:46 am
mattggarland offline

Tested and working great on a TXNR-905, other than volume feedback. Thank's so much for all the hard work!

I used to use a Serial connection for control of the Amp, and volume feedback worked fine so I don't think it's a syntax error? I enabled debugging and just get this...

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 17 command(s) waiting
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: MVLQSTN
Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: (('master-volume', 'volume'), 2)

...for volume update. Setting volume, either relative or absolute, works fine though?

Any suggestions? (The front panel of the amp is NEVER touched so I can work around by just making an action group for each volume level, and calling them as and when, but it's a PITA.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted on
Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:15 am
RogueProeliator offline

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: (('master-volume', 'volume'), 2)

Looking at the parser expression, other receivers are wrapping the volume value in quotes such that it returns '2' instead of 2 for the value. I can make the quotes optional in the next release so that it will properly parse the return.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:15 am
mattggarland offline

Super, thanks! Nothing I can do in the meantime to get this working?

Wish I learned Python! Could do with a similar app for my bluray but never got round to learning! Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:35 am
mattggarland offline

Bump!
Adam, any update on this?
Sorry to pester!
Matt

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:39 am
RogueProeliator offline

Adam, any update on this?
Sorry to pester!

So, yeah, not pestering... I apparently forgot to actually release this change! I began a unicode conversion which affects all my plugins and have been validating and QA-ing them one at a time before releasing the update. I just finished one so will do the Onkyo next so that you can get this change to try out. Sorry about that!

Adam

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:32 pm
mattggarland offline

The last update seems to have caused a problem of some sort for me with my TXNR-905.

I get this:

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error executing effect for device id 404842746
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Turn on debugging to get additional error details.

In the log, every poll interval (set to 15 seconds).

With low level debug turned on, the following:

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error executing effect for device id 404842746
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkDeviceResponse.py", line 140, in executeEffects
    newStateValue = eval(newStateValueString)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

Any way i can at least suppress the logging?

Also, I am still not getting any feedback for volume for some reason.

Thanks in advance for your help and for all the work, otherwise the plugin is fantastic!

Matt

-----------EDIT-----------
I did a medium level debug with the following output:
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: MVLQSTN
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Found response match: deviceMasterVolumeQuery
  Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkDeviceResponse.py", line 140, in executeEffects
    newStateValue = eval(newStateValueString)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending eISCP Command: AMTQSTN

Seems these two are related.

Page 6 of 11 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11