Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:52 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Onkyo Network Remote Feedback and Discussion

Maybe this is helpful?

Sort of... well, it should be helpful, but I don't quite understand it. First off, I see why the plugin isn't picking up the tuner frequency - your Onkyo is sending it back a bit different than others. Which is fine, I can accommodate that. However, I don't fully understand the number they are sending back. See these lines:

Code: Select all
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Received direct tune action to 089.30
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending tune command for 08930
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('tuning', 35120)

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending tune command for 09230
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Threaddebug Received w/o Command: ('tuning', 37424)

I have no idea how to interpret that return value.
08930 comes back as 35120... anyone see any obvious translation that I may be missing? Normally these Onkyo values come back as base-10 OR base-16, but this is not either.

Posted on
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:08 am
RogueProeliator offline

@hamw... can you execute this against your Onkyo receiver via the Plugins -> Onkyo Network Remote -> Send Arbitrary Command menu option?
TUNQSTN

Make sure you have full debug turned on when you do. I am interested in seeing if it returns the same format as when we get a response after setting the tuning.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:14 pm
jbinder offline

Re: Onkyo Network Remote State =Error when using Simple Con

Hi - I have this plugin setup on my 7.2 Indigo Server. I am getting the following error when I Power On the receiver using SimpleControl5.5. in iOS. Can anyone help me understand what it means? I can reload the plugin and things work as expected.

Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error during background processing
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 262, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
responseText = RPFrameworkUtils.to_unicode(self.readIfAvailable(ipConnection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout))
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/onkyoNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 179, in readIfAvailable
return self.readLine(connection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/onkyoNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 164, in readLine
header = eISCP.eISCPPacket.parse_header(header_bytes)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eISCP.py", line 206, in parse_header
assert len(bytes) == 16
AssertionError

Posted on
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:17 am
RogueProeliator offline

Hi - I have this plugin setup on my 7.2 Indigo Server. I am getting the following error when I Power On the receiver using SimpleControl5.5. in iOS. Can anyone help me understand what it means? I can reload the plugin and things work as expected.

Sorry for the long delay... it seems as if something related to the Simple Control is causing the Onkyo to send an invalid eISCP packet; perhaps it isn't using the same protocol but the plugin is interpreting it as such. Do you have to restart the plugin for it to resume? I can try to code around that so that the plugin ignores it instead of throwing the error.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:48 pm
jbinder offline

I can reload the plug-in and it works fine.