Indigo reinstall...was working, now errors

Posted on
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:30 pm
srkinard offline

Indigo reinstall...was working, now errors

Hey Adam,

The Ventura 13.2.1 updater managed to have issues and I basically lost all the non-Apple folders in /Library/Application Support. Seems like all user-side data was lost from the "user" part of the APFS partition.

So...I've been going through the extremely tedious process of recreating every because I was too dumb to make a backup. Carbon Copy Cloner now makes a nightly backup, so lesson learned.

I installed 2022.1.2 and set up the plugin, etc. All was working fine. I just rebooted the server mini and now this plugin crashes on launch.

Code: Select all
   Started plugin "Onkyo Network Remote Plugin 2.1.5"
   Onkyo Network Remote Plugin Error Error during background processing
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 224, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
    responseText = RPFrameworkUtils.to_unicode(self.readLine(ipConnection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout))
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/onkyoNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 167, in readLine
    header       = eISCP.eISCPPacket.parse_header(header_bytes)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Onkyo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eISCP.py", line 206, in parse_header
    assert len(bytes) == 16
AssertionError

Not sure what went sideways with it.

Any ideas? And will you be updating this to be compatible with later versions of Indigo? I have a pair of receivers that this plugin really makes up the core functionality when watching TV or playing games on them.

Thanks,
Ross

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:45 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Indigo reinstall...was working, now errors

Hi Ross:

Apologize for the delay in getting back with you -- been off the forums for the last month or so, but trying to get back in a bit more now... taking a long time to catch back up though! Yes, the hope is to update the plugin to Python 3; that conversion is somewhat under way already but not ready yet.

Is this still giving you an error?

Adam

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:55 pm
srkinard offline

Re: Indigo reinstall...was working, now errors

Hey Adam...no worries.

It's working now...I think the receiver didn't renew its DHCP lease so it basically disappeared from the network. I rebooted the whole network and pretty much every device and it's working normally now.

I'm looking at upgrading to a M2 mini after seeing how fast my new M2 Max laptop is, so I can consolidate both Indigo and one other machine into that single box. This plugin, the Roku plugin and the Home Assistant plugin are the only older ones I run now, so was just curious.

The Home Assistant one is the biggest concern after this, since it forms the bridge to stuff like the Litter Robot 4, my Vizio TV, some of my docker containers on Unraid box, and so on.
I really hope someone who writes plugins might could pick that one up and update it so it won't bind me to 2022.2.0

thanks for the update!
Ross

Page 1 of 1