Somfy Help

Posted on
Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 am
wiery offline

Somfy Help

Nick, wondering if you can assist. I'm hoping to get some somfy RTS tilt motors but not 100% sure what hardware is required for your plugin. Do you have any how to's etc ?

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Somfy Help

Apologies wiery - I do not know much about Somfy motors. I don't even have one myself - I helped another user out. They purchased the Autelis Somfy RTS gateway product that basically interfaces with the Somfy hardware. I wrote a plugin to enable Indigo control for both RTS and SDN devices.

If you do get RTS motors, I think this device will help from Autelis: http://www.autelis.com/shade-control-for-somfy-rts.html.

Posted on
Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:53 am
wiery offline

Thanks for that Nick, the bit i'm having trouble with is the bit in the middle. So if i had an RTS motor and an Autelis device, the problem i have is i think the Somfy RTS II Universal Controller which i dont think is available in Europe. I was given the option by Somfy of the RS485 transmitter but not sure if the Autelis would work with this.

Anybody any ideas ?

Posted on
Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm
Swancoat offline

I'd like to know more about this too... I'm thinking of having some Somfy controlled drapes installed. Does this Universal Controller basically come with (i.e. is required for) any installation, and thus the Autellis piece is just a different way to control it? How does it connect to the Universal Controller? RF, or hardwire.

Basically, Smarthome also sells an Insteon solution, which is basically an I/O linc they sell you along with a "Somfy Dry-Contact Interface", which looks like a box activated by dry contacts that then controls the drapes via RF. Looks idiotproof. Any reason to go with this Autellis hardware in light of that?

Also, back to the plugin itself... does it talk to the Autellis controller DIRECTLY, or does it go through the web (like the Nest plugin)? I don't like having the ability to control my drapes (or Thermostat) contingent on having internet service.

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:21 pm
Swancoat offline

Ok, so I found this Universal controller on Smarthome http://www.smarthome.com/31813/Somfy-1810872-Universal-RTS-Interface-II-16-Channel/p.aspx.

Basically, this thing is an RF controller that can control multiple drapes, and is itself controllable via RS232. Given that there are many RS232 controlling plugins for Indigo already, it seems like it might be simple to just write a plugin to talk to this thing directly and cut the Autellis hardware out of the loop entirely...

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 am
IanLJ offline

I took a slightly different approach with my Somfy powered shutters. Somfy and Z-wave is poorly supported here in Europe. They propagate their own TaHoma solution here, which is of course, no where as near as powerfull as Indigo.

I took apart a second hand somfy remote (Centralis RTS) I picked up for €10 and hooked it up to a fibaro FGS221 switch. And it works very well! Is the cheapest solution too. You only have to solder it very carefully, since the switches on the remote are tiny!

I only connected the up and down switches, but thats all I need for the moment. To make sure the shutters are closed or not I am thinking of placing a fibaro door/window sensor.

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:37 am
wiery offline

Ian, would love to see some instructions / pictures of your setup . I got the RS485 RTS transmitter, but it can be a bit unreliable.

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:55 am
durosity offline

I’d love to see that too.. i’m hopefully going to buying a lot of electric blinds soon and i want to automate them all..

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:04 pm
IanLJ offline

Moved post here

Page 1 of 1