Autelis Jandy

Posted on
Mon May 27, 2013 12:07 pm
hamw offline

Re: Autelis Jandy

Here's the Color Lights sequence. Basically Equipment On/Off, Lamp On, Pick color then Select.
Jandy ColorLights step1.tiff
Jandy ColorLights step1.tiff (32.08 KiB) Viewed 4234 times

Jandy ColorLights step2.tiff
Jandy ColorLights step2.tiff (31.28 KiB) Viewed 4234 times

the rest of the colors.
Jandy ColorLights step1 Other Colors.tiff
Jandy ColorLights step1 Other Colors.tiff (31.01 KiB) Viewed 4233 times

After the color is chosen, this screen appears as the RS-8 sends a series of on/off commands to the light to get it to cycle through to the correct color.
Jandy ColorLights step2 Cycling.tiff
Jandy ColorLights step2 Cycling.tiff (17.02 KiB) Viewed 4233 times

If you want to change colors when the light is already on, press "select." this would normally turn the light off. However there is a 5 second delay so you can choose another color. If out of the 5 secs, will just turn light off.
Jandy ColorLights step3.tiff
Jandy ColorLights step3.tiff (23.69 KiB) Viewed 4234 times

Posted on
Mon May 27, 2013 6:19 pm
nlagaros offline

Are you able to telnet to the Autelis on port 6000? Seems like you don't have the TCP version of the firmware.

hamw wrote:
Hmm... still not connecting... Downloaded and installed 1.5.4 firmware.

Autelis Version Web Page 130527.tiff

[code}Reloading plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1"
Stopping plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1" (pid 48682)
Stopped plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1"
Starting plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1" (pid 48709)
Started plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1"
Autelis Jandy Saved Plugin Configuration
Autelis Jandy Error Socket: 10.0.1.40:6000 not open to close
Autelis Jandy Error Socket: 10.0.1.40:6000 failed to connect. Please check the plugin configuration.
[/code]

Here's the plugin config pane:
Autelis Config Page 130527.tiff

I changed settings and saved it a couple of times.

Here's debug:

Code: Select all
 Reloading plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1"
  Stopping plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1" (pid 48709)
  Autelis Jandy Debug             Method: stopConcurrentThread
  Autelis Jandy Debug             Method: stopConcurrentThread
  Autelis Jandy Debug             Method: shutdown
  Stopped plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1"
  Starting plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1" (pid 48782)
  Started plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.1"
  Autelis Jandy Debug             Getting Plugin Configuration Settings
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Connection Type: Socket
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Socket IP:        10.0.1.40
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Socket Port:      6000
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Enable UDP:       False
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 UDP Port:         7890
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Keypad Updates:   True
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 AquaPure:         True
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Aux Devices:      05
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Aux 01:           Aux 1
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Aux 02:           Blower
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Aux 03:           Color Lights
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Aux 04:           Aux 4
  Autelis Jandy Debug                 Aux 05:           Control Page Toggle
  Autelis Jandy                   Saved Plugin Configuration
  Autelis Jandy Error             Socket: 10.0.1.40:6000 not open to close   #### don't understand this one.... see below
  Autelis Jandy Debug             Opening connection....
  Autelis Jandy Error             Socket: 10.0.1.40:6000 failed to connect. Please check the plugin configuration.

#### Try again...

Autelis Jandy                   Socket: 10.0.1.40:6000 closed succesfully
  Autelis Jandy Error             Socket: 10.0.1.40:6000 failed to connect. Please check the plugin configuration.

Posted on
Mon May 27, 2013 8:09 pm
hamw offline

So you were right, I forgot that the TCP firmware is buried on another page... :oops: but, it is still behaving a bit oddly. Here's the log:

May 27, 2013 9:57:08 PM
  Autelis Jandy                   Socket: 10.0.1.40:6000 closed succesfully
  Autelis Jandy                   Socket: 10.0.1.40:6000 connected succesfully

May 27, 2013 9:57:42 PM
  Trigger                         Pool Pump OFF TIME
  Schedule                        Pool Pump OFF TIME (delayed action)
  Action Collection               Pool Pump OFF 05-27 21:57
  Ignored                         device "Pool" action request (communication is disabled)
  Ignored                         device "Pool" action request (communication is disabled)

The "Pool" device icon is greyed out, even though there is data in the little box below. I can't use my iPhone control page to control the pool -- tried recreating the buttons even -- but action groups from Indigo work and the plugin will update the variable states.

edit: the temp setpoint buttons for both the spa and pool setpoints work, and the keypad emulation lines update in the status box on the bottom, along with the SWG status.

May 27, 2013 10:14:45 PM
  Schedule                        Pool Cleaner Schedule PM 4:30
  Schedule                        Pool Cleaner Schedule PM 4:30
  Schedule                        Pool Auto Off Pump Cleaner 11:00 PM Sun Thu
  Trigger                         Pool Pump Cleaner OFF TIME
  Action Collection               Pool Pump ON 05-27 22:15
  Trigger                         Pool Pump OFF TIME
  Trigger                         Pool Heater Pool off/enabled/on Set Pool_Heat_Pool_Status for Pool_Heat_Actual_Status
  Schedule                        Pool Pump OFF TIME (delayed action)
  Action Collection               Pool Pump OFF 05-27 22:15
  Schedule                        Pool Auto Off Pump Cleaner 11:00 PM Sun Thu (delayed action)
  Schedule                        Pool Auto Off Pump Cleaner 2:00 AM Fri Sat (delayed action)

May 27, 2013 10:15:39 PM
  Schedule                        Pool Auto Off Pump Cleaner 2:00 AM Fri Sat
  Schedule                        Pool Auto Off Pump Cleaner 2:00 AM Fri Sat (delayed action)

May 27, 2013 10:16:48 PM

Posted on
Tue May 28, 2013 6:28 pm
hamw offline

Upgraded to B8. Plugin device is still greyed out.

Pool Device Greyed Out 130528.tiff
Pool Device Greyed Out 130528.tiff (30.33 KiB) Viewed 4202 times

However, there is definite communication as shown by the status box with the new details:

Pool Status Box 130528.tiff
Pool Status Box 130528.tiff (14.01 KiB) Viewed 4202 times

Still getting "communication disabled" on most control page actions. Have created new actions that also don't communicate. Interestingly, as noted above, I can change the spa or pool temp setpoints. So far I have been reluctant to actually delete the "Pool" device and recreate it, given that I'm thinking I'll have to repoint all my control page stuff.

Posted on
Tue May 28, 2013 7:28 pm
nlagaros offline

This is very bizarre. Can you try editing the plugin device? Just choose a different plugin, then change back to Autelis Jandy. That may force it to re-associate with the plugin.

Posted on
Tue May 28, 2013 7:43 pm
hamw offline

Did that earlier and tried again following B8 update; no joy.

Posted on
Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 am
nlagaros offline

can you click the comm enabled checkbox? disable and re-enable -- see if that helps at all?

Posted on
Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am
hamw offline

Unclicked "Enable Indigo Communications", set the device to another plugin type, closed, opened, reset to Autelis Jandy, unclicked "enable" again, closed, re opened, clicked "enable" again. Still greyed out, with "communication is disabled" appearing in the log on control page button presses. Disabled "keypad updates" and "aquapure installed" to no effect.

For the time being, could you post or email me a downgrade? Sorry this is so much trouble. :(

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:12 pm
nlagaros offline

Matt/Jay - we need you help. Ham and I have been trying to work through enabling communication for the Autelis Jandy plugin on his system. For some reason, we are unable to click the Comm Enabled checkbox in the device list. The device is greyed out and when actions run, the event log reports that communication is disabled. The plugin is otherwise updating states in the background as it should.

I've not materially changed the way the communications works since I created this over a year ago. We've tried older versions of the plugin to no avail on Ham's system. The odd thing is that it is running fine on my system and we are both running the same version of Indigo (v6 b8).

Two thoughts:
  • Could there be something inherently wrong with my plugin that is causing us not to be able to check that box?
  • Could Ham have some database corruption that we could investigate?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

hamw wrote:
Unclicked "Enable Indigo Communications", set the device to another plugin type, closed, opened, reset to Autelis Jandy, unclicked "enable" again, closed, re opened, clicked "enable" again. Still greyed out, with "communication is disabled" appearing in the log on control page button presses. Disabled "keypad updates" and "aquapure installed" to no effect.

For the time being, could you post or email me a downgrade? Sorry this is so much trouble. :(

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:26 pm
nlagaros offline

The really odd part is that we can click the "Enable Indigo Communications" checkbox if we double-click on the device, but it does not change the checkbox in the Comm Enabled column in the device list. Am I explaining this clearly?

nlagaros wrote:
Matt/Jay - we need you help. Ham and I have been trying to work through enabling communication for the Autelis Jandy plugin on his system. For some reason, we are unable to click the Comm Enabled checkbox in the device list. The device is greyed out and when actions run, the event log reports that communication is disabled. The plugin is otherwise updating states in the background as it should.

I've not materially changed the way the communications works since I created this over a year ago. We've tried older versions of the plugin to no avail on Ham's system. The odd thing is that it is running fine on my system and we are both running the same version of Indigo (v6 b8).

Two thoughts:
  • Could there be something inherently wrong with my plugin that is causing us not to be able to check that box?
  • Could Ham have some database corruption that we could investigate?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

hamw wrote:

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 6 has a new device property that specifies if the device has been configured correctly yet. If it hasn't, then it cannot be enabled. So perhaps that is the problem. If you open the plugin's device config UI via the Edit Device Settings button, then OK out of the dialog that should (presuming the plugin validates the config UI settings and says everything is okay) set the configured flag to True automatically. So give that a try (open settings and OK out of it).

If that fails, then copy/paste what you see in the Event Log (if anything).

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:11 pm
nlagaros offline

OK - we are getting closer. The Autelis Jandy plugin does not have any device configuration properties. None are required. Could that be an issue? Should I create one just for the heck of it?

matt (support) wrote:
Indigo 6 has a new device property that specifies if the device has been configured correctly yet. If it hasn't, then it cannot be enabled. So perhaps that is the problem. If you open the plugin's device config UI via the Edit Device Settings button, then OK out of the dialog that should (presuming the plugin validates the config UI settings and says everything is okay) set the configured flag to True automatically. So give that a try (open settings and OK out of it).

If that fails, then copy/paste what you see in the Event Log (if anything).

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, it sounds like the device got into a bad state or Indigo incorrectly thinks it has settings when it doesn't.

You could try hand editing the database XML file. Search for the word tag "Configured". If you find it set to false for your device, then you can just delete that line (the default value of true will be used if it doesn't exist).

Be sure and shutdown the Indigo Server (not just client) before editing the XML file, or Indigo will overwrite your change. Also make a backup of the file before you edit it in case something goes wrong. ;-)

Does that get it working?

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:35 pm
nlagaros offline

I added a dummy device configuration item to make it easier for hamw.

Ham - would you re-download the plugin from my wiki site and give it a try. As Matt states, edit the device properties and just hit save. You can put anything in that box.

I think I am going to modify the plugin altogether to initiate the communications for each device independently (if this works). In theory, one could have multiple Autelis devices.

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:21 pm
hamw offline

Well, that did the trick! Thanks for helping and we are back in business!

By the way… When changing from pool to spa, there is a delay. That's also true when turning the pool off if the heat is enabled. Does the plugin currently show that status line without having to go to the full keypad XML page?

Also, any plans to enable the keypad buttons, e.g. "select", "up", "down" etc to allow full control thru Indigo?

Page 4 of 11 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11